Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Totenkopf ring with leering skull in black enamel real or fake?

Article about: hi there! just wondering if anyone can help me just wondering about the authenticity of this ring? has 835 silver marking on the shank. any information would be great!! cheers

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Not really sure what you are asking, but these rings, although definitely worn in the WWII era, are actually somewhat older in design. They come in a considerable number of variations but generally all have the same style of skull. You see these sometimes with a red or black "W" beneath the skull, which some people attribute to various German paramilitary groups such as the so-called Werewolves-but this is subject to many a lively discussion. They were, as said, though, worn throughout the war years by the German forces-not particular to any one service branch-and were a popular design.
    Thanks, William. I have one of these rings. I was under the belief that they were originally worn by one or more of the Freikorps groups in the inter-war period.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf ring with leering skull in black enamel real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hello All, I just joined the group. I have a Totenkopf ring with the "leering skull" on it. There are no markings on the ring aside from the name "...PACCA". The first part is worn or was erased intentionally. Is there a way I can post my pics of this?

Best
    Anthony

Quote by njrockman View Post
    Hello All, I just joined the group. I have a Totenkopf ring with the "leering skull" on it. There are no markings on the ring aside from the name "...PACCA". The first part is worn or was erased intentionally. Is there a way I can post my pics of this?

Best
    Anthony
    It might originally have been 'ALPACCA' a cheap alloy that was used to make several types of TR ring. Perhaps the first two letters have been worn away.

If you click on 'Go Advanced' below the message text box and scroll down, there is an option to attach pictures. Cheers.

Pics attached. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf ring with leering skull in black enamel real or fake?   Totenkopf ring with leering skull in black enamel real or fake?  

Totenkopf ring with leering skull in black enamel real or fake?  

If this is a fake TK would it still have a value? If so ball park figure?

Thanks again
    Anthony

Quote by njrockman View Post
    If this is a fake TK would it still have a value? If so ball park figure?

Thanks again
    Anthony
    I doubt it would be of any value to collectors like the guys on this forum. Personally, I think that fake rings should be destroyed because most of them are sold as authentic at inflated prices. The biggest challenge facing TR ring collectors is being duped by fakers, frauds and thieves.

I just purchased this and some other pieces from a dealer at an antique shop while on vacation. I collect mostly natural history items but would like to get into WW2 items.

I will be sure to return these items. Thank you for your feedback.

Best
    Anthony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2