Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two german rings. Are they fake or real?

Article about: Hey. I found two german rings and wondered if they were real or fake. One is a german 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich ring and the other is a Werwolf ring. Personally I have no idea if any

?

Default Two german rings. Are they fake or real?

Hey. I found two german rings and wondered if they were real or fake. One is a german 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich ring and the other is a Werwolf ring. Personally I have no idea if any of them are real or not but I feel a bit more confident about the "2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich" ring than the "Werwolf" ring.

Thanks a lot for the help.

2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich:

Werwolf:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two german rings. Are they fake or real?
    P
    Many

copy and fantasy

Quote by sniper33 View Post
    copy and fantasy
    Not that I agree or dis agree but, any reasons?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Sorry!
    First is a cast fake of a period existing netherlands ring. The second a post war fantasy one.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of guys here who know their stuff and can help you before you buy. Hope you didnt get burned.
    Steve

Curious that a first time poster should be the first to decry these rings...

?

Thanks for the help guys.

I was pulled inn when I saw them and bid on them on ebay with out applying reason. As a shallow defence I can say that it was in the middle of the night after beeing out with frineds but that does not hold. After i bid I started thinking about it and realised that the Werwolf ring had to be fake and that the SS ring most likely was fake as well. I knew that "Werwolf" was a german partisan group that was concieved in October 1944 but only started appearing in 1945. It was Hitlers idea of the germans rising up agains the allies and making life hell for the occupying force and traitors to the german people. He basically thought that if the Soviet people could do it than so could the germans. But whn they were deployed they were few and ander supplied. And the will to fight was not there either since the germans who were not SS or fanatics allready accepted that the war was lost. So the whole thing did not amount to much at all even though they did kill to mayors it died out by itself. The chance of this group getting their own rings in 1945 when everything was sparce is slim to nonexistant. The other thing I should have thought more about was the fact the the ring had the Wolfsangel symbol on it. But that symbol is from the 2nd SS panzer division "Das Reich" and therefore has nothing to do with "Werwolf". This is sometihng i know very well and and if I had thought about it for 2 seconds I would have realised this. (And yes, I know that both rings have the Wolfsangel symbol on them. As I said if I had thought about it for 2 seconds and applied logic without beeing mesmerized I would have quickly seen that the Werwolf ring was impossible.)

I had a bit more hope for the other ring though since I did not immediately see anything wrong with it . (Symbols, likeness, etc). But it downed on my that the chances of it beeing real were slim.

I did email the seller about the rings before I bid though and asked if they were real or not. He told me they were real so maby I can use this against him and tell him that I know the rings a fake and that I don`t want them? If not then I might just have to acknowledge my defeat and remember this the next time.

never mind Konev,we all make mistakes.

If PayPal was used for a payment method, the Seller's email stating that they were genuine should be sufficient to start a refund process.
    Just a quick rule of thumb, though-almost every German ring on eBay is an outright fake. Be Very careful when looking at rings there. I think in all the years that I've looked in eBay, I have yet to find a ring that screams Real! at me. There are enormous amounts of Eastern European made junk there and some of them are quite cleverly aged, but generally still recognizable. If you Do find something of interest there, just post it Here first before bidding and we can let you know if it's yay or nay. Good luck on your refund!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I have not paid for the items yet, luckily. So what I have to do is to send the seller a note saying that I know the rings are fake and that I don`t want to pay for them. Hopefully he won`t go completely mad and do something drastic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast