Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrmacht Ring

Article about: I've watched the forum ring posts for a while as they interest me, and I've noticed it seems like the majority of rings we see are questionable at best. So, I honestly wouldn't dare put a di

Default Wehrmacht Ring

I've watched the forum ring posts for a while as they interest me, and I've noticed it seems like the majority of rings we see are questionable at best. So, I honestly wouldn't dare put a dime on a ring without vetting it here as it seems almost as easy to get fooled on rings as it is with SS stuff.

This one came up for sale today at $235. I thought it might be one similar to something authentic I've seen posted here, but I can't find it for the life of me. Does this one seem like it might have a chance?

Thank you all!!

Wehrmacht Ring

Wehrmacht Ring

Wehrmacht Ring

Wehrmacht Ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Ring
    P
    Many

I'm guessing from comments about build construction in regards to many other rings shot down on this forum that this one has a good chance of being a modern fake, though I could be totally wrong.

I don't remember too many good rings posted here except for a few ground dug and cleaned up.

it seems almost as easy to get fooled on rings as it is with SS stuff.
    Hmmm... especially SS rings!

As I look on the net at way too much stuff during the course of any given day, I can't help but notice that you can buy a perfectly good SS honor ring for a little in excess of $2kUSD, and that the rings people show here for approval are probably not those rings.

In other words, everybody (but me) wants one of these things, but doesn't want to shell out for a real one... hence a lot of looking and timewasting.

Anyway, I hope you find a good one out there ;-)

An attractive design, but it looks to be Cast.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not for me I have to say. However Larboard, would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of these perfectly good honor rings @ $2000?

?

Although i don`t know this exact pattern.
    A ring i woul like to have in Hands for a closer look.
    From the pics it Looks for me like made from german silver or brass and
    heavy plated.
    I think this ring has a Chance.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

If this were a private purchase, I probably wouldn't have even bothered with it. But, it's from a dealer I've bought a few nice items from in the past so I thought it might be worth checking up on. I noticed as odal mentioned, it looks like it's made of a base brass or copper, as in the first photo along the top edge of the ring you can see where it's worn through to the base metal. The story is that it's out of a collection of WWII rings from Detroit. I don't know though, if it's questionable then that's what it is.

My bad, it was $5k and is sold Actually, I think they did have one for $2k a little while back, I have a photographic memory and a good mind for figures (especially female ones ;-)

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=13155

?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    My bad, it was $5k and is sold Actually, I think they did have one for $2k a little while back, I have a photographic memory and a good mind for figures (especially female ones ;-)

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=13155
    If you have a photographic memory don't forget to take your lens cap off.

If that is, indeed, Not solid silver and is a plated base coat metal ring, then I am not seeing anything that is saying that it's bad. As said, the design is good looking, but what looks to be 2 hallmarks inside the band could possibly be simply discoloration spots.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast