Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

West Wall Ring on order

Article about: Hello all. I have this West Wall ring on order and it is already on it's way. Please check the sellers photos and part of his description to give me an opinion regarding it's authenticity. O

Hello everyone.
    I started the eBay return process for this ring, but the seller still insists it is original.
    He sent me photos of his own original West Wall ring to compare to mine.
    It does look the same as mine with similar dots on the back plate.
    Is the "visible seam" that he is referring to, that vertical protruding line in the top section on the back plate, found in the last photos I posted ?
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Unfortunately, I can't upload his photos because the forum tells me that, they have the wrong file extension name, and I have no idea how to change it.

MrFrank

"Hi Frank,"

"Hello Frank, It's good original ring from my collection. I have the same ring, only in slightly better condition. Here photos of mine. As you can see my ring has the same visible seam on the back as your. That means that ring is not casted, but die struck."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement West Wall Ring on order
    P
    Many

Open your pictures in MS Paint, Then select 'File', 'Save As' and change the type to JPEG:

West Wall Ring on order

nick

Thanks Nick for the info RE: photos.

OK, here are the sellers photo's of his own so called "original" West Wall ring which he is using to convince me, not to return the ring, due to the "visible seam" in the back, "proving" that both rings are die struck.

Thank you all for your help.

MrFrank

"Hi Frank,"

"Hello Frank, It's good original ring from my collection. I have the same ring, only in slightly better condition. Here photos of mine. As you can see my ring has the same visible seam on the back as your. That means that ring is not casted, but die struck."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture West Wall Ring on order   West Wall Ring on order  

Hi Frank,.

I think that he wants to convince you to change your mind, because he simply just wants to keep your money. And dealers will always claiming things like that. He probably have tens of that ring in stock for sale. His ring looks like fake as well as that one which he has sold to you, but its hard to tell anything from such a blurry and bad pictures he has sent. I would say that everything is quite obvious here and you should really return that ring and get your money back. He must return you the money.

Best regards,
    Franko

Die struck rings have a seam at the rear, cast rings do not unless they are re-sized.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree Ralph, that should be the case. But crooks could deliberately make that seam on the ring to looks more convincing, although that would make production of that copies much more complicated and expensive.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    I agree Ralph, that should be the case. But crooks could deliberately make that seam on the ring to looks more convincing, although that would make production of that copies much more complicated and expensive.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Hi Franko.

So, even with the visible vertical seam, you still are convinced that this West Wall ring is a fake ?
    Since there are apparent casting dots on the back plate, does that mean that the mould could have had a groove in it, to form this fake seam ?

Thanks for all your input so far.

MrFrank

Hi Frank,

The ring that you have bought doesnt looks like genuine piece at all. It was made by casting and not die casting process, fake item IMO. I dont know how that seam was created though, it was probably made after casting production. Ring could be cut and than soldered, like in resizing process. I would not keep it for sure, you should get your money back.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hi Frank,

The ring that you have bought doesnt looks like genuine piece at all. It was made by casting and not die casting process, fake item IMO. I dont know how that seam was created though, it was probably made after casting production. Ring could be cut and than soldered, like in resizing process. I would not keep it for sure, you should get your money back.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Thank you Franko.

I told the eBay retailer that I insisted on returning the ring, and he eventually agreed.

MrFrank

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4