Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Westwall ring in Silber

Article about: This ring has been posted before but the thread has slipped through the cracks in terms of being included in the TR ring sub forum. Best post it again I reckon! Anyhow, this particular ring

Default Westwall ring in Silber

This ring has been posted before but the thread has slipped through the cracks in terms of being included in the TR ring sub forum.

Best post it again I reckon!

Anyhow, this particular ring was recovered from a dig in North Karelia and as such is highly likely to have been the property of an SS member who perhaps started his military career as part of the West Wall construction project before joining the military proper. Being constructed of 830 silver it would also have been relatively expensive in comparison to the mass produced cheap alloy rings so I feel I can justifiably speculate it was an officers ring. Whoever owned it, it was certainly well worn as under close inspection the remnants of the 'West Wall' inscription are only partly visible. Looking from the reverse the embossed wording is clearer once you remember to look at it in a mirror-image fashion.

Please enjoy the images!

Cheers,
    Glenn

Westwall ring in SilberWestwall ring in SilberWestwall ring in SilberWestwall ring in SilberWestwall ring in SilberWestwall ring in SilberWestwall ring in SilberWestwall ring in Silber

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Westwall ring in Silber
    P
    Many

Default Re: Westwall ring in Silber

I like that ring Glenn, speaks volumes

slipping through the crack is not good