Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is the best reproduction of SS-Ehrenring?

Article about: Hi guys, I want to buy some replica of ss honour ring and I cant decide what is the best looking and made repro. I know for "Panzer Mayer" example from site "sshonorring"

Default What is the best reproduction of SS-Ehrenring?

Hi guys, I want to buy some replica of ss honour ring and I cant decide what is the best looking and made repro. I know for "Panzer Meyer" example from site "sshonorring", but that one is made in silver just like originals and that actually can be disadvantage, because silver is not so durable at all. Although as far as I can tell that panzer Meyer ring is very well made. But I have found another one which is made in neusilber and it should be much more enduring and durable. Problem with this one could be design though. I am not sure if this type of skull was ever used on some period piece or not. Did this type of design exist in Third Reich era or it was made up postwar? What are your opinions about this replica of ss honor ring, how well is it made?

Best regards,
    Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is the best reproduction of SS-Ehrenring?
    P
    Many

No one has opinion regarding this matter?
    Best regards,
    Franko

I avoid SS Ehrenringe, personally. They’re heavily faked, sometimes very well, and the price is very high. The ‘bible’ for this topic is supposed to be Craig Gottlieb’s book, ‘The SS Totenkopf Ring’.
    Sorry I can’t offer an opinion. I’m not into reproductions or fakes. There are others here who can give you better advice.

Thanks Spitfire. I have red that book from Craig Gotltlieb once, few years ago, but I really cant recall that I have seen example with skull like this in it.
    Best regards,
    Franko