Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

And the winner is.....

Article about: Hi guys, i managed to win this outstanding ring last night at the new auction of Klaus Butschek. I was bidding on 5-6 items but i was outbid on everything except on this DAK ring. Collectors

?

Default Re: And the winner is.....

Chris - nice catch,

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement And the winner is.....
    P
    Many

A great ring Chris! I liked the yellow enamel Luftwaffe ring also but luckily for my credit card I only collect Heer!

Thank you guys. Glad you liked it.
    Attached Images Attached Images And the winner is..... 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

haha you lucky dog you! A nice piece to add to the growing museum. That's a beauty and glad you won it

Quote by Bill T View Post
    haha you lucky dog you! A nice piece to add to the growing museum. That's a beauty and glad you won it
    Thanks bro
    Attached Images Attached Images And the winner is..... 

Nice to see that you picked this one up for your collection, Chris. Great ring!

Luke

?

It is nice to win the item you want at a low price. I won an enamel sign from him a few months ago. I got caught up in the moment and went over the limit I set for myself but did not go too crazy, l feel l paid a little under full retail price, so I did not get too mad at myself the next day. But I was a kind of blind bidding, since at that time the auction was in Euro's, so I was guessing on my bid, and then there is that "buyers premium" that you have to pay when it is all said and done.... It was fun though and with the auctions you can get some good deals but on the flip side of that coin we ourselves, the collectors, are driving up the prices with the rest of the dealers... Once the other dealers see what, in the heat of the moment, some of us are willing to pay they are sure to match their prices accordingly...unfortunately...

Congratulations on winning the item you wanted at a price that you feel more then comfortable with.

Hummel

Hi guys, thanks.
    Coincidentally last night i won another great item at Klaus Butschek's new auction at a super price. I still can't believe it.
    I am sure the consignor will not be happy at all but auctions are a bit of a gamble. I had also an item on consignment in this same auction that didn't go well and lost some money.
    As for the ring in this thread, it was a nice addition to my tropical collection and i still like it.

Recently i also got this from a friend
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And the winner is.....   And the winner is.....  

And the winner is.....   And the winner is.....  

And the winner is.....   And the winner is.....  

And the winner is.....  

?

Hey - looks like a very nice score my friend!
    Congrats!

?

Nice Work Don! Great pieces you procured!

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hi guys, i managed to win this outstanding ring last night at the new auction of Klaus Butschek.
    I was bidding on 5-6 items but i was outbid on everything except on this DAK ring.
    Collectors are getting overwhelmed and lose their logic during auctions. I can't explain it otherwise. They take it personally, like a fight or a challenge and bid, bid, bid until the price is way off so at the end one lucky-unlucky selfish guy has to pay the bill lol
    That's why i am very happy with this ring as i had to pay just a little more than the starting price, which was fair to me.

Here is the description copy/paste from Herr Butscheks' site:

"Luftwaffe JG53 PIK AS ring Afrikakorps
    Rare 1941-43 period time ring crafted in North Afrika. The ring shows the emblem of Jagdgeschwader 53 PIK AS on the center and and North African scenery in the background. The material could be silver however it is not marked. A typical North African work. Very rare and certainly unique. A must have for all JG53 collectors.
    Good condition. Diameter: 2,1cm."
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast