MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wir Fahren gegen Engelland ring opinions

Article about: hi everyone! just wondering what everyone thinks of this battle of britain ring ive seen a couple of different varieties of these rings. and this having a different font of writing and diffe

Nice rings spitfirevb! beautiful!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wir Fahren gegen Engelland ring opinions
    P
    Many

As for the originally posted ring, I would question it,myself. Yes, it is, of course, a period design. And, yes, the spelling with 2 "L"s is commonly encountered as well, on rings, pins and patriotic trinkets of all sorts. But the ring posted looks to be made of soft brass, as can be seen by the blurring of the detailing on it, and there is no sizing seam visible at all that I am able to make out. The fact that it does not appear to be die struck is disturbing also. Even for a cheapy souvenir ring, it is made terribly poorly. Unless I could examine it minutely in hand, I would likely pass on this one.

(And, yes....Spitfire has some Damned nice and impressive rings in his collection-for sure! lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi william! Thanks for your info
    I was told that the band has a seem on it. Its hard to
    See by the pictures. There not the best pictures. And there is also the "ges. gesch" marking as well. Well worn though.

?

never seen the square one in silver, only ever seen in brass with silver wash!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2