Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?

Article about: If the plate had been soldered on separately, it may have stood a chance, but this one is one solid piece and is a very commonly faked pattern-one of many Norge 1940 types. Not authentic.

Default WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?

WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

If the plate had been soldered on separately, it may have stood a chance, but this one is one solid piece and is a very commonly faked pattern-one of many Norge 1940 types. Not authentic.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The pattern is real.
    A norway made souvenir ring. Most worn by german solders.

But this one is for sure a modern made fake. As William told, one point of originals is that they are 2 piece made.

The ring is a volunteer norwegian ring. I've seen some sells on these rings in scandinavian auctions like Norway / Sweden. The only concerns about this ring is the patterns it has on it sides and that there's no engravings with a name or so on the inside ( very common to have your name engraved on these types of rings ).

I've never seen one that has been granted authenticness with those patterns before. But the stamp inside is accurate, so is the frontside.

The trick is in the Small details, Rob....fakers like to get their garbage as Close as worldly possible to looking like known originals, but thankfully, there is usually just 1 or 2 small discrepancies that identify a knowledgeable collector that they are not what they are seeming to be. If a person comes across one of these styles of Scandinavian rings, they should always look for it's method of construction. They will Never be found in a one piece configuration-they were always made in 2 pieces soldered together. The originally posted ring is a modern day fake of a genuine pattern.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The trick is in the Small details, Rob....fakers like to get their garbage as Close as worldly possible to looking like known originals, but thankfully, there is usually just 1 or 2 small discrepancies that identify a knowledgeable collector that they are not what they are seeming to be. If a person comes across one of these styles of Scandinavian rings, they should always look for it's method of construction. They will Never be found in a one piece configuration-they were always made in 2 pieces soldered together. The originally posted ring is a modern day fake of a genuine pattern.
    You're right, fakers do attend to make their rings as close to its original as possible. But personally i've never seen a ring with these patterns make it a go on any auctions here in Scandinavia. But if you say that these rings ( the real ones ) do come in these patterns aswell then i believe you.
    But a big no ( for me ) when it comes to volunteer rings is if they lack engravings. That usually means they're replicas / fake ones. Because you can't just make up a name, a name is easy to find information about nowadays ( bless the internet ). And during the 30s - 40s and 50s engravings on rings were very popular. Especially war rings.

It sure is hard to identify handcrafted rings nowadays. I must say from personal experience that the Bulgarians are the best at making replicas these days. Their handcrafts is superb, even if it's replicas.

?

Quote by RobMahl View Post
    The ring is a volunteer norwegian ring.
    I think you are mis-informed about how this ring would have been received.
    I see a lot of newer collectors calling rings like this one 'volunteer-rings'. That would imply you'd have gotten this ring for volunteering. To clear up this mis-information, there were no volunteer-rings from what I am led to believe. There were canteen/souvenir rings like this one and there was the SS honor-ring which was the only ring that could actually be awarded.

Odal is a real expert when it comes to third-reich rings. Like Friedrich Berthold is with Algemeine SS items and Bob-Coleman with items from the SA (And I believe some other political organisations if I recall correctly). Staying on the third-reich we would not have to forget Andreas (HPL2008) and Wim Saris.

Your personal introduction hasn't been very kind to the other members of this forum. If you would like to stay, please, read around some threads. Get to know the people that have extensive knowledge on third reich memorabilia so that you may know the people whose words are 'law' so to speak.

Regards,
    Bas

I haven't even said anything about how they recieved it, have i?
    By volunteer ring i mean a ring which you could order and have it engraved. (So i guess that falls under the souvenir ring then).

Okay, so there's alot of experts here. Ever heard of free speech? Or does that rule not imply at this forum? I haven't even said anything about Odals statement? Only bringing up what i've experienced when it comes to rings like these.

"Your personal introduction hasn't been very kind to the other members of this forum."
    I haven't even introduced me, neither have anyone else? And where have i been rude? Inform me, please.

"so that you may know the people whose words are 'law' so to speak."
    And you can't even question their opinions / statements?

Okay, so there's alot of experts here. Ever heard of free speech? Or does that rule not imply at this forum?
    Free speech does not APPLY on any forum, sorry.

I haven't even introduced me, neither have anyone else?
    Maybe if you had, the results may have been different.
    New WRF Members

And you can't even question their opinions / statements?
    And you have the right to question anyone's input, it's just how you do it that can become a problem.

Welcome,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Free speech does not APPLY on any forum, sorry.

Maybe if you had, the results may have been different.
    New WRF Members

And you have the right to question anyone's input, it's just how you do it that can become a problem.

Welcome,
    Ralph.
    Boomer, here in Sweden we have plenty of forums that apply free speech. But maybe that's just us then :/
    And thank you for the thread-link. Didn't know there existed one. And of course, same goes the other way around. Respect eachothers experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast