Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?

Article about: If the plate had been soldered on separately, it may have stood a chance, but this one is one solid piece and is a very commonly faked pattern-one of many Norge 1940 types. Not authentic.

Unfortunately, forums are owned by individuals so, the claim to free speech really does not apply.
    Some may allow it, but it is entirely up to the owner and those who have been given the duty to moderate it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Norge Ring - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by RobMahl View Post
    I haven't even said anything about how they recieved it, have i?
    No but as you said with 'free speech' I decided for future reference and any newer collector that views this thread to explain the history behind these rings.

Okay, so there's alot of experts here. Ever heard of free speech? Or does that rule not imply at this forum? I haven't even said anything about Odals statement? Only bringing up what i've experienced when it comes to rings like these.
    I was trying to introduce you to the members here that we trust and know that have years of experience. You have just joined this forum and we don't even know you yet. For all I know you could know more about rings than Odal. Besides I didn't say that you commented on his opinion on the ring. As a matter of fact from the last thread you posted we can see that you need some more knowledge on these rings. The pointless argument p*ssed a lot of generally nice people off as you could see by the last few comments in the thread.

"Your personal introduction hasn't been very kind to the other members of this forum."
    I haven't even introduced me, neither have anyone else? And where have i been rude? Inform me, please.
    I think to some of the people on this forum they've seen enough. What I was trying to say with this is that from what we perceive you come in as an unexperienced collector and you try to tell people on the forum that have been collecting for years and years that they're wrong. In my opinion, and I would believe there are people that would agree with me, that is rude.

"so that you may know the people whose words are 'law' so to speak."
    And you can't even question their opinions / statements?
    I did not say that. I was saying that their opinions are trusted more than the 'new guy on the block'. You can question their opinions, yes, ofcourse. There have probably been cases where the members that I posted were wrong although generally they are right. That is why their opinion is trusted.

Maybe it'd be a clean start for you to post an introduction thread, tell people your experiences with militaria, tell them how long you've been collecting etcetera. Hell, maybe be crazy and post a few snapshots of your personal collection if you so damn well feel like. The only thing I've tried to do with the reply to your comment was help you and you're even arguing that now. Anyway.

Regards,
    Bas

Well, i haven't explained the history behind the ring. But what i do know is that in Scandinavia, these type of rings are called "volontär ring" = volunteer ring. But i don't know what you guys call it, but i guess you call it souvenir ring then?

Thank you for the introduction? I'm sure there's plenty of people here that knows more about war relics than me. But when it comes to Scandinavian rings, i'm not completely lost.

"As a matter of fact from the last thread you posted we can see that you need some more knowledge on these rings."
    Just because i had a question about a specific ring doesn't mean i lack knowledge of the lot of it. But yes, you can assume i do.

"What I was trying to say with this is that from what we perceive you come in as an unexperienced collector and you try to tell people on the forum that have been collecting for years and years that they're wrong."

Where have i said that they're wrong? If you check thread you can obviously see that i accept their statements that the ring is fake. But when they said that the ring is from the 70s, and even newer that that, they are telling my experience as a silversmith that i'm wrong? lol

I think we all should respect eachothers expertise. I respected theirs but when they wronged my expertise then i just stated a fact and they went "mad" and apperantly i'm being the rude one?. Even if you're expert at something, you're not the only one. If you think you're the best, you're just a ........ that can't accept a wrong.

I have introduced myself now, since a good moderator guided me ( new member ) to the introduction thread.

I'm not arguing, i'm just getting tired of all the "Respect the elders, you know nothing, if you know something i know, you can vanish" attitude amongs some people here.

"som man bäddar, får man ligga"

Well, we can just all agree to disagree.
    We do not allow name calling here and I think we all are a little more mature than that.
    Ralph.

P.S. I think enough has been said here.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2