Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Totenkopf Ring?

Article about: Hello, I recently had a friend stumble upon this ring. Not too sure how to authenticate it? It appears to be WW2 era, but not at all sure. I'd appreciate your input. Thanks again.

Default WW2 German Totenkopf Ring?

Hello,

I recently had a friend stumble upon this ring. Not too sure how to authenticate it? It appears to be WW2 era, but not at all sure. I'd appreciate your input. Thanks again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Totenkopf Ring?   WW2 German Totenkopf Ring?  

WW2 German Totenkopf Ring?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Totenkopf Ring?
    P
    Many

Sorry...not an original ring. The inner markings are all wrong. This is a well known and old fake design.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sorry...not an original ring. The inner markings are all wrong. This is a well known and old fake design.
    Thank you, I wasn't too sure. I have to study these more. Thanks again.

beware of any ring that's got rzm and ss markings inside.

Third Reich rings are one of the most copied and outright faked collectables in the entire hobby. If you find any that you are interested in, do as you did here and post them before you buy and we will help you to not get burned. Rings are a horrendously dangerous minefield to dabble in. Probably 95% of the rings on the market today are pure rubbish.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Third Reich rings are one of the most copied and outright faked collectables in the entire hobby. If you find any that you are interested in, do as you did here and post them before you buy and we will help you to not get burned. Rings are a horrendously dangerous minefield to dabble in. Probably 95% of the rings on the market today are pure rubbish.
    Thank you, William. I really appreciate it. I'm no expert by any means, so to receive this type of feedback on items like this is always great. Thanks.

Jack

?

Hello,
    The guys are correct, this ring is not even close and the marking are bogus to the max.

Jody

?

No fake - fantasy - 4. Reich!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]