Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

WW2 Skull ring real or fake?

Article about: \\$6150 US for a decent Honour ring is not bad at all! Harmel's ring is "Price on Request",though,I see...one can only imagine what it must cost... William

?

Default Re: WW2 Skull ring real or fake?

Quote by fritz 9139 View Post
    Okay I get that - SO STOP SHOUTING! I have known people to mess up and sell some things which they called 'repro' or fakes when in fact, the item sold was genuine. Not all experts are experts, it happens, so get over it.
    I don't think that Ned was shouting he was just reitererating that just because the ring has an RZM stamp or an 800 doesn't make it genuine and in the process save a member some hard earned cash.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Skull ring real or fake?
    P
    Many

The ring is an altered design,in any case. Usually,this style of ring has "West Wall" on the 2 shoulders,but,this one looks like the words were removed to make it look "more authentic". As the others have already stated,though,unfortunately,this ring is indeed a modern repro,as evidenced by the RZM stamping. Original rings did not carry this marking,of course,and this is a good thing to always keep in mind when ring hunting. No one is trying to be disrespectful here-we're just trying our best to help you not get nailed by the unethical dealers who sell these things,is all-and there are Plenty of unethical sellers out there,believe me! Rings that are genuine Do exist and are out there,but it's a Terribly tricky field to venture in to,as the others have said,as rings have been Extensively reproduced for decades now. What I,personally,look for with rings are battlefield excavated pieces from Reputable dealers. And I guess that's the main thing here-know your dealer and check him out thoroughly before you spend considerable money for any supposed WWII era ring. Good luck hunting! William

PS You should know that a Genuine SS Honour ring will run 10 thousand and Easily More,so if the price is suspiciously Low,"Back Awayyyy Fast!"

Quote by Paul E View Post
    I don't think that Ned was shouting he was just reitererating that just because the ring has an RZM stamp or an 800 doesn't make it genuine and in the process save a member some hard earned cash.
    Thanks Paul, that is correct. fritz, if you seem bent on getting the ring assayed, what would you do then? Let's say it weighs 15 grams, I think that's close. With 800 silver currently trading at buyers prices of 45p a gram, that makes the ring worth 6.75GBP. That will probably get you the bus fare home and a bag of chips on the way. Enjoy.

Oh, and welcome to the forum btw.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Undoubted fake, this junk is so widespread its not worth the metal scrap value! Take a look at real SS honour rings for sale at a predictable high price at Jamie Cross Militaria in England, he sells to Museums like Imperial War Museum in London. Jamie Cross Militaria

thank you guys so much u save me time and hard earned cash I really want a real ring anyone know where i can get it plz put a link up

You Might try Matt Callahan-he usually has a few pieces that look pretty good. Stalingrad Militaria Home Page Look under "Specialty Items",but they're not cheap,for sure. Any Genuine ring is going to set you back a nice bite of money. As for SS Honour rings...well...they're out there too,but you'd best mortgage your house if you plan to buy one today. Over the years,I've had 3 different genuine specimens(and have been Offered a few million Not genuines!),but have long since sold them off-they're just too difficult to deal with. Good luck,in any case! William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    You Might try Matt Callahan-he usually has a few pieces that look pretty good. Stalingrad Militaria Home Page Look under "Specialty Items",but they're not cheap,for sure. Any Genuine ring is going to set you back a nice bite of money. As for SS Honour rings...well...they're out there too,but you'd best mortgage your house if you plan to buy one today. Over the years,I've had 3 different genuine specimens(and have been Offered a few million Not genuines!),but have long since sold them off-they're just too difficult to deal with. Good luck,in any case! William
    WOW!!! Do you still retain any photo's of these 3 rings that you can post here so that we may all learn from the images thereof!! The pictorial value alone is invaluable to all of us.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Unfortunately,back in the day,no one ever thought it really necessary to keep photographic records of their collections. The only one I can remember the name of the recipient was "A. Lohmann". I do remember that that particular one ended up with Dave Rome(sp?) who lived in Michigan. He was a long-time collector who specialized in honour rings at the time. It came from Joe Pankowski and had an impeccable pedigree. It's been soooo long now-at least 30 years-that I'm lucky to remember even That much! lol William

?

Quote by Sidelock123 View Post
    Undoubted fake, this junk is so widespread its not worth the metal scrap value! Take a look at real SS honour rings for sale at a predictable high price at Jamie Cross Militaria in England, he sells to Museums like Imperial War Museum in London. Jamie Cross Militaria
    Kai Winkler currently has SS Brigadefuhrer Heinz Harmels Honour ring for sale , POA !!!! plus a couple of others at 4500 euros !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast