Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?

Article about: Taking a lead from Frundsberg who has suggested the ring might have been made in Eastern Europe, I will go a short way out on a limb and raise an technical question--again, without trying to

Default Re: Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?

Taking a lead from Frundsberg who has suggested the ring might have been made in Eastern Europe, I will go a short way out on a limb and raise an technical question--again, without trying to prove or disprove this ring's authenticity. I am both literate and fluent in German, but German is my second language and like many bilingual people, I am not fully aware of the nuances of my second language, which might be the case here. So, here we go. The dedication ends with "gewidmet vom Offizier Korps," which I believe translates as "dedicated by (the) Officer Corps rather than "presented by," which I believe should be "präsentiert vom Offizierskorps." Using that line of reasoning, Fundsberg's suspicion that the ring was made in Eastern Europe becomes more probable since the person who inscribed the ring was probably not German and therefor German is his second language, and like I, he didn't fully grasp the nuances of the language. Anyway, that's how I see it, for whatever that's worth. Dwight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this yet another fake Nazi ring?

Well written DrMessimer. Your discernment is scholarly and makes sense to me with your suggestion.

They make great fishing weights....seriously !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2