Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Auschwitz

Article about: Auschwitz 1. Arival: At this place people were shot. Impression of the camp: Where people slept:

Default Re: Auschwitz camp 1

As promise..Camp 2. Birkenau

gass chamber:

then:

now:

Great pictures they are humbling.

It is just incomprehensible that something like this could have existed at anytime in history, just truly horrific.

?

great photos, thanks for sharing

I visited both camps about 5 years ago, i think everybody who visits nearby Krakow should go to the camps and pay their respects. The tour of the camps was truly humbling, only spoilt in my case by some idiots who insisted on eating sandwiches despite being asked not to by the guide. great photos thanks for posting.

?

Thanks for sharing the snaps, I visited this site with the British Army back in 1994..We were all ordered by the CSM at the time to wear shirt & reggie ties....Cheers Terry.

Thankyou for showing these images. I really hope to head there as im a photographer and i would love to respectfully take some images.
    Do you have to have special permission to take photos? Where there any places that you couldnt photograph?

?

Thank you for posting.

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Thankyou for showing these images. I really hope to head there as im a photographer and i would love to respectfully take some images.
    Do you have to have special permission to take photos? Where there any places that you couldnt photograph?
    From what i remember at Auschwitz you were asked not to take photos of the internal displays, i'm not sure if that was a regulation or not, i think it was so you didn't lag behind and get lost from your tour guide.
    At Birkenau you could take photos anywhere and even encouraged to get some shots from the tower above the main gate, you were pretty much left to yourself to explore, the tour guide just asked you to be back at the bus at a certain time.
    If you really want to take your time to explore and take photographs i'd arrange you own transport, the guided tours are run on a pretty tight schedule due to the vast number of visitors!...

?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    marc, my most recent visit to the Auschwitz complex was a couple of years ago. Then, the regulations were clearly marked around the displays and exhibition areas. Within Block 11, i.e. the prison block, and at Krematoria I, the restrictions were often enforced by guides or security. However, if you do wish to take pictures of the site, I would strongly advise you to arrive as early as possible, preferably during winter, early spring or late autumn. Any other time of year will present difficulties due to the high number of visitors.

Regards,

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2