Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Auschwitz electrical fence signs?

Article about: Hi, I teach warhistory to kids. I trie to give'm a message about the madness the holocaust was. I'm not a pronazi freak that collect nazi stuff or think that Hitler made a mistake and didn't

The signs say " do not touch - electric equipment" and are a standard warning sign. You would find these on substations and fuse boxes among other things.

These are genuine signs, and often come up for sale on Ebay, but while signage was on the perimeter fences there is no way these could be without question connected to any camp ....... but it makes a good story.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

double thread happening here.......

Ah, thanks mate!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    double thread happening here.......

Ah, thanks mate!
    Currently Alternating?? Or should that be Alternating Current???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I have seen the signs inside Auschwitz, they are different and in German.
    Is it possible that these were posted on the outside of Auschwitz to prevent Polish people to touch it.
    As i see in the attached picture, it looks to bee token on the outside perimeter.

Electric Fence Warning Sign At The Birkenau Concentration Camp Stock Photo, Royalty Free Image: 44050613 - Alamy

?

It is a modern sign,doesnt take rocket appliances to see that it is
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

It has been said so many times before on the forum, and here again;buy the item, not the story...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

When I was in Kraków Poland I saw this excact sign just on a normal building on the street. It stuck out to me as very interesting looking so I took a picture but I don't have that photo anymore.

?

Sorry to disappoint the original poster but these signs have no connection whatsoever to Auschwitz-II, Birkenau, nor any other form of Konzentrationslager for that matter.

However, one would hope that it does not deter your efforts to educate the youth of today with regards to the utter horror that was the camp system of 1933-1945. Should you require any advice/help with the matter, I will gladly assist.

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2