Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Auschwitz-II, Birkenau: the "Crematoria Waiting Room" and Josef Mengele's office.

Article about: Compound BIIf at Birkenau, Auschwitz II, was one of the worst sections of the entire camp. The area was used as a Haftlingskrankenbau (prisoner infirmary), from July 1943 until January 1945,

?

Default Re: KL-Auschwitz, the "Crematoria Waiting Room" and Josef Mengele's office.

Thank you for your comments gents, and also for sharing your personal experiences with us.

Regards,

Carl

?

Default Re: KL-Auschwitz, the "Crematoria Waiting Room" and Josef Mengele's office.

An additional view of the remains of camp BIIf.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auschwitz-II, Birkenau: the "Crematoria Waiting Room" and Josef Mengele's office.  

I have been to Auschwitz and its a strange feeling you get, hard to explain but its like you have no feeling from the shock of the horrific actions.

?

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    I have been to Auschwitz and its a strange feeling you get, hard to explain but its like you have no feeling from the shock of the horrific actions.
    Yes Daniel, I can understand your comment. Many I have spoken to have had similar feelings whilst visiting the memorial sites of the former KLs. Some even question themselves as to "why don't I feel anything...?", yet I feel that perhaps it is a numbness that holds our emotions in check. Standing in refection at some of the darkest places on the planet, will undoubtedly provoke thoughts and feelings in one and all. As long as we never escape the appreciation for the magnitude of the crimes, they will never be forgotten.

Regards,

Carl

Same for me when i visited Auschwitz, i was amazed how emotionless i was.

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Yes Daniel, I can understand your comment. Many I have spoken to have had similar feelings whilst visiting the memorial sites of the former KLs. Some even question themselves as to "why don't I feel anything...?", yet I feel that perhaps it is a numbness that holds our emotions in check. Standing in refection at some of the darkest places on the planet, will undoubtedly provoke thoughts and feelings in one and all. As long as we never escape the appreciation for the magnitude of the crimes, they will never be forgotten.

Regards,

Carl

You have it exactly right there Carl, numb emotions.
    It was a very strange lack of emotion that I've never witnessed in any other place, especially the part of the camp Where the hanging commenced.
    I've seen many documentaries and photos of both German and Japanese camps but the affect of seeing it up close and personal with your own eyes adds a new dimension.
    For anyone who hasn't been i would strongly recommend the visit as it's a life changing experience and life long memory.
    -Daniel

?

Default Re: Auschwitz-II, Birkenau: the "Crematoria Waiting Room" and Josef Mengele's office.

A view across the vast "Kanada" complex, with Lager BIIf visible in the background.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auschwitz-II, Birkenau: the "Crematoria Waiting Room" and Josef Mengele's office.  

?

Default Re: Auschwitz-II, Birkenau: the "Crematoria Waiting Room" and Josef Mengele's office.

The location of camp BIIf, known as the "crematoria waiting room", was in close proximity to the massive killing apparatus. This view, taken from the entrance to the undressing chamber of Krematorium-III, shows just how close to the facility camp BIIf actually was. The fencing visible behind the expanse of ruins separated the camp from the Krematorium compound.

is there any thread about the SS experiments done to inmates? i've heard many things but i'd really like to tell apart the myth and the fact as many of the things that have been said look like they have been brought out of a horror movie and not real events! I'd like to read about Mengele's carreer during the TR and what happened to him afterwards...

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    is there any thread about the SS experiments done to inmates? i've heard many things but i'd really like to tell apart the myth and the fact as many of the things that have been said look like they have been brought out of a horror movie and not real events! I'd like to read about Mengele's carreer during the TR and what happened to him afterwards...
    Maybe this is the not right forum for exploring that theme? I am certain that there are many academic books available that you could reference to learn more about the subject.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast