Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Auschwitz shoe

Article about: It isn't uncommon for such items to lie undiscovered for so long. I recall back in 1970 walking through the woods on the Verdun battlefields. And as I looked up into the trees, I could see b

Default Re: Auschwitz shoe

I can see little reason why the shoe could not be from the relevant period. items buried are often slowly brought to the surface by the effects of rain, wind and frost. A few years ago i found a bronze age axe head near my home that had laid in the ground for some 3000 years before being brought to the surface by the burrowing activity of the local rabbits

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Not forgetting the Polish aviation museum!....Polish Aviation Museum Cracow
    True - also Nowa Huta district is interesting for its communist style architecture - massive housing blocks around the steel plant.

?

the shoe to me is a very poiniant and emotional graphic image of those terrible dark years. as someone who grew up in the war years,i feel very humbled by this picture,poor souls. george........may i add,carl has been a rock for me over the last few months,always in touch asking about my recent illness, a very good friend,and a credit to the forum

?

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    the shoe to me is a very poiniant and emotional graphic image of those terrible dark years. as someone who grew up in the war years,i feel very humbled by this picture,poor souls. george........may i add,carl has been a rock for me over the last few months,always in touch asking about my recent illness, a very good friend,and a credit to the forum
    And I can't say how glad I am to see you back on here George, its great to have you back!

Best regards,

Carl

The disgusting thing about such camps is that it all happened again in "modern Europe" in the 1990's during the choas in the Balkans and the majority of the perpetrators of this mass murder virtually walked without any real justice.
    We continue to make the same mistakes nearly every generation.We are certainly the vilest creature on gods earth IMO.
    Will we ever learn,Sadly I think not
    Cheers
    Dave

Carl, that was an amazing story and photo. Thank you for sharing that. What a haunting experience that must have been...........

?

Thank you Bravo 20, I appreciate your kind words. Indeed, it will be one of several experiences that I will never forget from my visits to the sites of former KLs. And I dare say, due to the lengthy schedule ahead of me, that there shall be more to come...

Regards,

Carl

Anything is possible when it comes to the shoe. On a different subject, I must say I am quite impressed with this forum. Majority of people feel tr collectors are in some way, "nazi lover". through this thread I can at least show the once I know who feel this way that actual its the complete opposite. I have never seen such compassion and respect for the holocaust and am proud to say I'm a member here. Thank you all.

I took this photo a couple of years ago in Auschwitz and as you can see there are still artifacts in situ in the camp today so it doesnt suprise me a shoe may be still there this was taken in the camp.Auschwitz shoe
    Last edited by CARL; 11-27-2015 at 10:50 PM.

A very moving thread and certainly likely IMHO that the shoe remains from those grim dark days when the camp was in use. Some site plans from a guide to the site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auschwitz shoe   Auschwitz shoe  

Auschwitz shoe   Auschwitz shoe  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast