Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

BBC production of "Auschwitz" now on NetFix. Fantastic

Article about: I just wanted to mention a documentary series “Auschwitz” I just finished ( 6 one hour programs ) that I must say was one of the best productions I have seen on the subject. It is not surpri

Thumbs up BBC production of "Auschwitz" now on NetFix. Fantastic

I just wanted to mention a documentary series “Auschwitz” I just finished ( 6 one hour programs ) that I must say was one of the best productions I have seen on the subject. It is not surprisingly a BBC production with some of the best cinematography, graphics and background research I have ever seen in a documentary production. I have read almost everything there is on the subject, seen the photographs and films and survivor/perpetrator interviews… At least that was what I had thought until I saw this series.
    This production includes rare footage, photographs, and superb topographical / architectural re-creations which brings the whole horrid mess into focus as never before. It begins with the creation of the original camp and how its purpose evolved into the most efficient killing machine ever to exist.
    The interviews really bring home the strange nature of the individuals that were tasked with carrying out the final solution… One Waffen SS member reminiscing fondly about the sense of camaraderie which he felt existed during his time at Auschwitz. One could see how much he missed it and it make your blood run cold.

I highly recommend this series which is now available on Netflix /documentaries. It is without peer though it is VERY tough to watch. It may just cast the perception of at least some of the Waffen SS in a different and unflattering light to say the least.

I have this documentary series on DVD. It is highly recommended viewing indeed.

?

The series has been mentioned on the forum before. I too can highly recommend it - as you say, it is a fine work.

Regards,

Carl

I'll be checking this out on Netflix. Thanks! I had no idea.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I have this documentary series on DVD. It is highly recommended viewing indeed.
    X2!... it is a great series!....

A great series indeed with many personal stories,
    I always get a chill when a guard spoke of his personal account of him and other guards who partied often and used to shoot out the light because they was so intoxicated to turn it of.

Thanks for letting us know, I am going to my netflix now, it will be my late night viewing for this evening.

Yep, i watched it. Has to be the best well documented doco done and serves as a reminder for history to come

What i remember that gave me a chill was the interview with the SS soldier and the interviewer asked " what were you thinking when you shot and exocuted them women and children. He said .... " nothing, aim carefully and shoot". Very very cold. No remorse even till this day