Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

BREENDONK, KZ in Belgium

Article about: Hello guys, after seeing Ben Evans thread about Dachau, I've dicided to make a thread about KZ Breendonk. The only one of it's kind in my country, Belgium. The fort of the small town of Bree

?

Default Re: BREENDONK, KZ in Belgium

Here is an overhead image, showing the moat as described above.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BREENDONK,  KZ in Belgium  

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Doug-what is the story of the dwarfish prisoner? I am unable to locate any info on him from anywhere on the net or books.
    Here is an image of the dwarfish inmate. As noted earlier, he was killed by an SS guard, who picked him up and threw him to the ground. As he lay there, it is reported the guard said "Look at him, he looks like a little monkey". The only words for his passing.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BREENDONK,  KZ in Belgium  

That poor man. What utter cruelty.

?

Indeed Dave. Many of us are familiar with the stories of SS men killing people, including babies, by their bare hands. Yet seeing the face of such a victim somehow elevates the level of barbarity. Truly horrific.

It's the mindset of these bastards Carl, the fact that they had zero compassion to the suffering of these people, it was not just a job to them, they enjoyed causing as much pain and suffering as possible to helpless people like this bloke. I grew up in the bush here and I've never seen anyone treat an animal with the level of cruelty that these camp guards did on a regular basis and I know no one that would tolerate someone treating an animal like this. These big brave SS heroes with their dogs, whips, rifles etc...and their poor defenceless victims who had no chance of protecting themselves, and when it was over how many of these heroes cowered like mice wearing prison garb to try to disguise themselves, amongst the very people they tortured. You can only look at these bastards with utter contempt, they were the lowest form of human life to ever walk the earth, lets hope they and others like them never do again.

Looking at these images and pictures brings tears to my eyes.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

The dwarfish prisoner was a jew. I've read that when I was visiting the camp.

Kris.

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Here is an overhead image, showing the moat as described above.

Regards,

Carl
    This was before the big dug up.

Kris.

?

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    The dwarfish prisoner was a jew. I've read that when I was visiting the camp.

Kris.
    Yes Kris, you are correct. The prisoner was indeed one of the Jewish inmates. The Jews were kept in separate wooden barracks at KL-Breendonk.

Regards,

Carl

?

Default Re: BREENDONK, the only KZ in Belgium

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    Yes, indeed. Sammellager or Durchgangslager it was. Some inmates stayed for quit long time there.

In Mechelen was indeed and stil is the 'Dossin-kazerne' which was also a rendezvous spot to put the people on transport.
    The kazerne today is a Holocaust museum but I've never visited it once.

Kris.
    Here is a recent image, taken inside the former Sammellager at Mechelen. Also shown below is a period image of the assembly yard and barracks building. When time allows, I will create a thread concerning this site. Over 25,000 Jews and 350 Roma were held there, before deportation, mostly to KL-Auschwitz II, Birkenau. Just over 1,200 survived the war.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BREENDONK,  KZ in Belgium   BREENDONK,  KZ in Belgium  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast