Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Concentration Camp Jew - Actor in Coyoacán, Mexico

Article about: This saturday i went for a walk to the pintoresque town of Coyoacán in Mexico City... Suddently see this weird pale guy standing on a box that said " NEVER AGAIN HOLOCAUST", a stre

Default Concentration Camp Jew - Actor in Coyoacán, Mexico

This saturday i went for a walk to the pintoresque town of Coyoacán in Mexico City...

Then i see this weird pale guy standing on a box that said " EL DEPORTADO / NEVER AGAIN HOLOCAUST", a street actor, offering to write one´s name in hebrew.

The disturbing thing was that he was dressed up like a 3. Reich "Deportation- Jew", with a yellow "Judenstern" on his coat, deportation baggage, a jewish chandelier and this very pale and depressing make- up on his face.

One could take pics from / with him for a few pesos, so i gave some coins so i could take some pics with the exclusive goal to share them here.. ... .... ah, and got my name written in hebrew.. Maybe he´s a real Jew after all..

I dont know what to think about what i saw, i am not jewish, quite open minded, but that image impressed me for several reasons.
    i am not sure if what this guy does is correct or not. Is he making concience with this re-enactment, or is he making easy money over the ashes of 6 million dead ?? It made me think a lot.. Maybe that was the idea after all...

What is your impression on that guy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Jew -  Actor in Coyoacán, Mexico   Concentration Camp Jew -  Actor in Coyoacán, Mexico  

Concentration Camp Jew -  Actor in Coyoacán, Mexico  

?

" a jewish chandelier " = Manora

A very interesting pic's, especially since in was taken in Mexico. But I'm sure that some who survived the Holocaust would have moved there also after the war.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Maybe, with plenty of good will and the benefit of the doubt, one could believe that he honestly tries to commemorate the Holocaust and to make people stop and think.

Unfortunately, I, for one, cannot muster that much good will and would consider him just another street performer - like all those living statues/paintings and historical personalities we see everywhere - who does this for money and who deliberately chose a controversial, provocative, eye-catching theme to set him apart from the competition.

And that's not cool at all.

But then, who knows? Maybe it's some kind of sociological/psychological/media studies experiment to study people's reactions or whatever...

Ah, and i almost forgot the most important thing of all... here is my name (Daniel) in Hebrew...

?

Seems pretty close to me..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Jew -  Actor in Coyoacán, Mexico  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Same guy, same place, this is his mid week outfit. Figure the rest out yourself.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Personally, I'm surprised that he isn't wearing a set of blue and white striped pajamas with a ball point pen number written on his fore arm. A reprehensible and repellent profiteer from historic tragedy...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."