Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Concentration camp, and military collection

Article about: Hello I hope this post is ok but basically I've recently posted a concentration camp collection on eBay, I was messaged from a few people offering me advice and interested in purchasing my i

Default Concentration camp, and military collection

Hello I hope this post is ok but basically I've recently posted a concentration camp collection on eBay, I was messaged from a few people offering me advice and interested in purchasing my items, eBay removed the listing as it violated their policy's. I've been advised this is the best place to come for advice!
    I'll post up my description and pictures shortly

Here's what my listing had as its list and a bit of the history of the items

All the contents listed below are connected see below contents for the full history of items and how they came to be together,
    Contents of items.
    -a small red 48 page book (German) containing several pages of green stamps
    -an oval black metal "wound" badge (Verwundetenabzeichen)
    -four German propaganda postcards featuring hittler (1938) one including 3 German stamps on reverse
    -postcard sized photograph of a man in a POW buchenwald uniform and badge attached on rear (as shown in the picture of man)
    -collection of medals in original box
    -photograph of regiment (name of vendors father on box)
    -postcard sized photo 1944-45 listing regiment movements in chronological order and battles engaged in
    -letter 3&4 from field Marshall Montgomery
    -vendors fathers soldiers service and pay book
    -his soldiers release book
    -his certificate of service
    -printed single sheet of paper Personal Message from C-in C

History.
    The vendors father served with the Royal Artillery in the Second World War. In 1945 the regiment where active in Germany as part of the Allied Offensive leading to the eventual defeat of the German forces and the end of the nazi regime.
    Very soon after the liberation of the inmates in the German concentration camps in 1945 the vendors father William (Bill) Lovering came into contact with ex prisoner Gerard or Edward? (Not quite legible) Fikus. A brief friendship ensued during which time Mr Fikus presented to Bill a postcard sized photograph of himself in prison uniform which clearly displays his Buchenwald badge stitched to the left hand sleeve of his jacket. The same badge on the photo has been stuck on the back of the photo accompanied by a note to Bill dated 23/07/1945 wth references to other concentration camps where Mr Fikus had previously been a prisoner, his prisoner number at each camp are also clearly visible.
    The medals in the collection are from Bill as are all of the items within the pictures and contents, in the photograph of the regiment bill is second row from the bottom 4th from left with an X marked above his head
    Bill is the vendors father and they have been in his possession since after the war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration camp, and military collection   Concentration camp, and military collection  

Concentration camp, and military collection   Concentration camp, and military collection  

Concentration camp, and military collection   Concentration camp, and military collection  

Hi Damien..thank you for your post and information.....but this thread belongs in the KZ forum, which I will move and .....which the forum moderator Carl 88 will be able to further assist you. Enjoy your stay. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you I realised after posting I had put it in the wrong area!
    I've got a rough idea of value but I've heard different amounts and wondering if someone can advise
    Also best place to advertise as eBay wasn't
    Thanks

?

Damien,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your grouping - an interesting collection of items.

Carl

Dear Damien,

My name is Roman and I am historian and Mr. Edward Fikus' biographer. After being liberated from Neuengamme Concentration Camp on May 8th 1945 Mr. Fikus lived in 25 Displaced Persons Assembly Center in Neumunster and in this camp he met Mr. William Lovering. I am now preparing the exhibit about Mr. Fikus with the Museum in Warsaw, Poland. Information you posted is extremely important, because we know little about Mr. Fikus life in Neumunster. This story would be certainly an important part of the exhibit. I am in touch with Mr. Edward Fikus family in Poland. I hope that you are still in the possession of this important collection and I am interested to purchase it for the historical purpose. Also, I would like to have a contact with Mr. William Loveridge family to obtain additional information. I would be extremely grateful if you could arrange this contact.
    I will contact administrator asking to provide you with my e-mail address so you could contact me. I will provide you with more detailed account.

Sincerely,

Roman B.

Dear Damien,

I was writing fast and I apologize for distorting Mr. William Lovering's name in my previous correspondence. That's all from excitement.

Sincerely,

Roman B.

?

Roman,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your presentation. I personally would appreciate being kept up to date regarding this project, having done similar work myself.

Regards,

Carl

Carl,

I am just hoping that Damien will return to this forum. It is very possible that Mr. William Lovering's family is in possession of other pictures depicting the camp which could be scanned. We have few Mr. Fikus' photographs taken at Neumunster with some British military personnel. Maybe Mr. Lovering is on them. Also the family might add to this story.

Best regards,

Roman

Two months silence does not bode well - especially after a great start.........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast