Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2015 - Floßenbürg, Buchenwald and Mittelbau-Dora

Article about: Following the success of the recent KZ tour (see link below), the next such excursion, itself planned before the previous tour departed, is now available for reservations. Please contact via

?

Default Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2015 - Floßenbürg, Buchenwald and Mittelbau-Dora

Following the success of the recent KZ tour (see link below), the next such excursion, itself planned before the previous tour departed, is now available for reservation. Please contact via PM for details regarding estimates of costs etc. A basic outline is shown below but a full itinerary will be posted once completed. Finer points still need to be realised, patently, but members wishing to join us should look to arrive in Prague the day before departure, i.e. Sunday 15th November, and depart the day after we return from the study trip. As before, places will be limited.

Regards,

Carl

Link to the thread addressing the previous tour:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/konzen...2015-a-430246/

(PROPOSED) STARTING DATE: Monday 16th November

DAY ONE: MONDAY

Prague (brief photo stops at various points in and around the centre, taking in Holocaust related sites and memorials)

Travel to KZ-Floßenbürg, where we will conduct a study of one of the major Konzentrationslagers.

Travel to Thuringia area for evening meal and overnight stay.

DAY TWO: TUESDAY

Travel to KZ-Buchenwald, another major camp located near Weimar.

Travel to Ellrich for a study of KZ-Mittelbau-Dora's largest sub-camp, KZ-Außenlager Ellrich-Juliushütte. An opportunity to visit and learn about a little know camp and the anatomy and establishment of the vast, expanding sub-camp networks within the KZ system.

Evening meal and overnight stay in local accommodation.

DAY THREE: WEDNESDAY

Extensive study visit of KZ-Mittelbau-Dora, the former sub-camp of Buchenwald that later became a major independent concentration camp, including a tour of the secret underground facilities and tunnel complex where the V-weapons were manufactured.

Return to Prague.

would loved to have gone with you Carl,but my health no longer permits me to walk a distance.

?

Thank you Harry. That is indeed a great shame, would have been good to have you along. The Birkenau site alone demands at least several miles walking, so these visits do require a fair amount of walking to cover the various elements present. I am glad that you are able to at least see some images and snippets of information here on the forum.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Carl, looks another fine tour you have planned there. I would love to come but I do not think the wife would be to happy with me "clearing off" again, leaving her with the new arrival!! (maybe next year!) Leon.

?

Perfectly understandable Leon. Was a pleasure to have you along for the last tour, hope to see you again in the not too distant future. There are several different tours planned now, so options are available. Will post more details when ready.

Thanks again,

Carl

?

First place already confirmed. Spaces are limited but time is of the essence to ensure that costs are kept as low as possible.

Regards,

Carl

?

Spaces available.

?

Another place taken...very few available now. If anybody is seriously interested, please make contact as soon as possible...arrangements are already being made.

Thanks,

Carl

For those in the UK - in case they are not aware, prices for Return flights from Stansted to Prague (to arrive between 0900-1000 on the Monday & out between 2050-2255 on the Wednesday) are currently approx £64 (Ryanair - arrive 0940 Monday/depart 2255 Wednesday) and approx £87 (Easyjet - arrive 1000/departs 2050).

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    For those in the UK - in case they are not aware, prices for Return flights from Stansted to Prague (to arrive between 0900-1000 on the Monday & out between 2050-2255 on the Wednesday) are currently approx £64 (Ryanair - arrive 0940 Monday/depart 2255 Wednesday) and approx £87 (Easyjet - arrive 1000/departs 2050).
    I personally cannot make this great tour on this occasion, but I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in going. Having been on the last tour to Auschwitz/Gross-Rosen etc, I can testify to the superb planning and depth of knowledge that Carl and Martine will bring to the experience. If you can make it, go for it, you will not regret it! Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast