Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz

Article about: Gents, my partner and I are leading a three day tour next spring, addressing several former KZ sites, ghettos etc. The itinerary details are listed below and a basic route plan is attached.

Plaszow - several views of the memorials located at the site of the mass burning pit known as Hujowa Gorka (Prick's Hill) - named after infamous SS-Unterscharführer Albert Hujar, director of the executions.

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz

And Amon Göth's former house overlooking the Krakau-Plaszow concentration camp

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz
    Last edited by CARL; 04-25-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Schindler factory, former sub-camp of KZ-Krakau-Plaszow

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz
    Last edited by CARL; 04-25-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Hi Matt, hope you are well. Nice images of Plaszow and the Schindler factory, I was to cold to get any like that! Leon.

Day 3 Auschwitz-I, Stammlager (main camp)

Pictured below, as follows:

1) The approach to the main guard house and gates.
    2) Block 24 - lower floor, location of the library and upper floor, the Häftlingsbordell (inmates' brothel)
    3-4) Two views of some of the numerous security measures in place at Auschwitz-I, including warning sign and wire, double-layered electrified barbed wire fencing and exterior stone wall with watchtowers.
    5) Lamp outside the entrance to Block 18.

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz
    Last edited by CARL; 04-25-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Hope your feeling better now fella, that's reminded me I forgot Amon Göth's house. I will edit that then move onto Birkenau.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Who are the guys in the photo, are they all forum members? I know the one in the white shirt is you Carl, but who are the rest?? The guy in the shades (centre) looks like he's a Bond villian. I bet he lives in a hollowed out volcano.......

....somewhere in Norfolk.
    Hi Ned, the guy in the centre is definitely one not to be trusted, it is indeed me, from my Norfolk inverted volcano!! The other forum member present was Matt (far left) who was on top form, especially when we needed rescuing by using his I-phones sat-nav. Leon.

Here's my one "non blurry" image of the memorial marking the spot of Heydrich's assignation. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz  

Lol Right here we go Auschwitz-II, Birkenau

...and Carl taking us through the barracks.....

Pictured below, as follows:

1-2) Two views of the main gate building.
    3) The end of the railway tracks, located near the crematoria sector.
    4) The unloading ramp - site of the mass transports of Hungarian Jews that arrived at Birkenau.
    5-6) Two views of watchtowers.
    7) An internal view of one of the reconstructed barracks located within the grounds of the quarantine camp (Lager BIIa)
    8) Camp road.
    9) Section of fencing with both period and modern replacement barbed wire visible.
    10) A section of the vast burning pit located aside Krematoria-V. This was used to dispose of corpses when the ovens failed due to overworking.
    11) One of many memorial markers, this one located just outside the main gate building.

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz
    Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz
    Last edited by CARL; 04-25-2015 at 07:37 PM.

These railroad cars we were shown were somewhat outside the main area of the Auschwitz-Birkenau site. Known as the "Judenrampe" (the Jewish platform), this was the location where earlier transports to Auschwitz-Birkenau arrived - i.e. cca Spring 1942-Spring 1944.

?

Many thanks for posting these images Matt, some fine photography that displays the main sites of our tour. I have edited the captions as to augment the imagery.

Regards,

Carl

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast