Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz

Article about: Gents, my partner and I are leading a three day tour next spring, addressing several former KZ sites, ghettos etc. The itinerary details are listed below and a basic route plan is attached.

Boys, these are terrific photos of some horrific places. It is still hard to comprehend the mindset that constructed and ran places like these.

Thanks for posting the pictures gents .

Great images Matt, you really have an "eye" for it! Leon.

Cheers Leon.

Thankyou for adding the captions Carl.

Thanks for showing great images of what looked to be a very interesting mini-tour. It is amazing that you were able to see so many historical and interesting sites and areas in just 3 days. I'm jealous!

?

mattty01 "Thankyou for adding the captions Carl."

No trouble at all Matt.

hucks216 "Thanks for showing great images of what looked to be a very interesting mini-tour. It is amazing that you were able to see so many historical and interesting sites and areas in just 3 days. I'm jealous!"

Initially, the plan was for a 5-day or even week-long tour. Yet after the planning and preparation began, it became evident that a study trip which maintained a necessary balance of sites, was indeed still possible within a shorter timeframe. The stops were not brief ones either, aside from KZ-Krakau-Plaszow, each major camp visit lasted at least 2.5-3hrs. The next tour, possibly departing during the autumn, will be of similar length. Last night, I began planning the itinerary.

Regards,

Carl

Could be very tempting!

?

I'll be posting some information within the next few days, as if indeed an autumn trip is organised, the time for reserving hotels and flights is approaching so as to maintain those budget prices. Will update as soon as possible anyway.

Woulda been good to have had a fellow 'suffolker' on the tour hucks216.

Compared to the average tour group we spent twice as much time at each camp. With the tour guides they spoke at specific points/sites around the camps. Carl took us to each point the same however information was flowing the whole time throughout the tour and never actually seized. As a group I think it kept us more gripped, worked well.

The amount Carl knows about the camps (the others will certainly agree) is truly magnificent. I think he had one or too pointers on his paperwork but the rest was completely off the cuff.

Well I'll be keeping an eye out for an update on the potential autumn tour and hopefully it will fit into my work autumn leave dates. Three or four days seems to be an ideal time frame considering what you managed to see and experience.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast