MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Concentration Camp Uniform on Ebay

Article about: by Falschirmjager Looks too recent to me. I have seen parts from concentration camp uniforms such as the number sections and these were very soiled and thus displayed in frames and were very

?

Default Re: Concentration Camp Uniform on Ebay

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    Looks too recent to me. I have seen parts from concentration camp uniforms such as the number sections and these were very soiled and thus displayed in frames and were very expensive. Such items are very rare and to get anything like that complete even rarer. I wouldnt say that collecting such things is an abomination-we could say much the same for Swastika bearing items, Totenkopf insignia flashes, knives, deactivated weapons (the list is endless). I think as long as the individual collector appreciates the significance of what he has and respects it and teaches others of its history etc then i really cant see a problem with it.
    Precisely , my aunt is jewish and she has an origonal yellow star framed next to all her minorrahs and other jewish items as a reminder of what happened so nobody will forget.
    ~Dean

Here is another online site that I just found this morning: Jewish Holocaust Memory, WW2 armband, Yellow David star, JUIF, JOOD, JUDE, J

You guys are right, there apparently is a huge market for Holocaust-related items. The Jewish Memory site at least attemps to legitimize their practice by saying these items are teaching tools for future generations and the items are a reminder of the millions of Jews who perished under the Nazi regime, but personally, I wouldn't want any artifact like that in my collection. It's simply too awful.......I could deal with it in a public museum, but not in a private collection. I say this as a fellow collector who has a real appreciation of fine militaria, but I think Holocaust items are an exception. Now, if it is something that is passed down in the family, I would say that is different.

I guess my point of all of this is that I don't want to see these terrible relics gleefully traded off by certain vendors who still think that Hitler is a neat guy.

?

Stripes are to narrow and 2 colored. Much like mattress material.
    The real pices that I have had in hand have a light grey stripe and a blue stripe with pressed paper buttons. The bogus stamp is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. A piece that screams FAKE.
    As a side note guys start posting the pictures instead of an ebay link.. It is simple. When the sale is over then the thread here is just a waist of bandwidth.
    SteveR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Uniform on Ebay   Concentration Camp Uniform on Ebay  

Concentration Camp Uniform on Ebay   Concentration Camp Uniform on Ebay  

Concentration Camp Uniform on Ebay  

There is a good Holocaust Museum in the US and I've visited a couple in Israel. They tend to snap up anything legit very quickly. The e-bay item seems "made to deceive", or (at best) some costume from a movie.

Personally, I'm not much in favor of encouraging auction sites to ban non-politically correct items. They make some really bizarre decisions in their efforts not to offend.

Smart and well-informed people (like us) will just pour our scorn on the heads of the vendors. The sheep, as always, will be sheared.

Cheers,

P.

Thanks Steve.

The uniform is certainly fake.

I have seen and handled a few originals.

Cheers, Ade.

Hollywood

German military hospital pajamas, not KZ clothing. Someone is just trying to profit from a hard to sell item and make it a rarity. Total fantasy to believe this is KZ clothing.

Bob Hritz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2