Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dachau 1950

Article about: 69 years ago today, KZ-Dachau was liberated. American forces entered the main camp complex for the first time, ending the longest period for which any of the major concentration camps existe

Looks good Paul.. I haven't seen these before.

Thanks,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

strange I saw these yesterday Paul.

?

Good link buddy.

?

As with the vast majority of camps within the system, Dachau changed dramatically within the first few years following its liberation. It is always interesting to see images taken during the years following the immediate closure of the KL, thank you for sharing them with us all.

Below is a thread, also showing images taken at KL-Dachau. These images, some of which are disturbing, were taken soon after the liberation of the camp.

KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images

How quickly the comments sections associated with these online posts of the camps and the extermination of the Jews descend into the rabid antisemitism and denial that permeates the internet like an aggressive cancer....more depressing than the Camp photos!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    How quickly the comments sections associated with these online posts of the camps and the extermination of the Jews descend into the rabid antisemitism and denial that permeates the internet like an aggressive cancer....more depressing than the Camp photos!
    It's sickening Stefan, i honestly think the holocaust deniers must be mentally ill!....

?

Interesting thread.

Jaegers story is quite interesting as well.

No matter of what one thinks of him, its fortunate that his photographs survived, as the suitcase containing the material might very easily have been lost.

In regards to the the comments above, its impossible to put a value on the documentation IMO.

Some easily swayed loons might be pursuaded to realize the truth about the killings and not believe just any random ramblings from a stray neo site, if the proper documentation is present.

Im of course not only talking about the official sanctioned pics but also those taken 'behind the scenes,' of which we have seen many as well.

?

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Some of the comments are beyond demented.

Amazing photos Gunny 5 yrs after the war...which are more chilling than the modern day renovated buildings..although all are horrid memories..but..these are a bit more striking! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast