Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Dachau Concentration Camp.

Article about: Cheers Adrian a very interesting thread, I have visited a couple of camps in my time, Belsen & Auschwitz..Auschwitz was alittle different I went with the Army at the time & we were a

?

Default Re: Dachau Concentration Camp.

Cheers Adrian a very interesting thread, I have visited a couple of camps in my time, Belsen & Auschwitz..Auschwitz was alittle different I went with the Army at the time & we were all made to wear shirts & ties..Our guide for the day was very interesting with his information. But 1 thing that stood out on the day is he wasnt happy & refused to guide German people around the camp.. So thanks Adrian for the thread excellent snaps too.Cheers Terry.

?

Default Re: Dachau Concentration Camp.

Today, the 29th April 2013 marks the 68th anniversary of the liberation of Konzentrationslager Dachau. A number of sub-camps, including Kaufering-IV Hurlach, were also liberated on the same day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Concentration Camp.  

?

Link to an article featuring colour images and footage taken at the camp during the liberation.

WARNING, LINK CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGE!!!

The colour of darkness: Vivid pictures of first Nazi concentration camps give chilling insight into the dawn of the Holocaust | Mail Online

?

69 years ago today, KZ-Dachau was liberated. American forces entered the main camp complex for the first time, ending the longest period for which any of the major concentration camps existed - over 12 years. For many, the liberation came too late - it is estimated a minimum of 30,000 died within the Dachau system, yet for the tens of thousands present when the camp was eventually liberated, an end to their torment had come at last.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Concentration Camp.   Dachau Concentration Camp.  

?

70 years ago today, the major camp near Munich was liberated by US forces.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Concentration Camp.   Dachau Concentration Camp.  

Dachau Concentration Camp.   Dachau Concentration Camp.  

?

Another year on...

Today marks the 71st anniversary of the liberation of Dachau. On Sunday, a commemorative service will be held. A few hours ago, a memorial wreath was laid at the site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Concentration Camp.  

?

went to Dachau in 94, just thought about the many pows in there , hoping to get out alive

?

Today marks the 72nd anniversary of the liberation of Dachau.

The museum have made several changes related to the fact, detailed below:

Parking in the visitors’ parking lot

Parking is free on April 30, 2017.

Guided tours for individual visitors

All public tours are free of charge on April 30, 2017.

Additionally on offer:
    Guided tour in Italian at 11:30 a.m.
    Guided tour in French at 12:30 p.m.

Documentary film

The documentary film will not be shown until 1:00 p.m. on April 30.

Crematorium area

The area of the crematorium will not open until 11:30 a.m. on April 30, 2017.

Opening hours of the archive

On Saturday, April 29, 2017, the archive is open from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    On Sunday, 30. April 2017, the archive is open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

?

Another year passes…

Today marks the 74th anniversary of the liberation of Dachau. A Service of Remembrance will be held on 5th May, details can be found in the link below:

Current Events 2017 - Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site

?

Today marks the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Dachau. Due to the ongoing situation, events have obviously been cancelled, including the planned commemorative day that was due to be held May 3rd.

Pictured below, Dachau prisoners greet their liberators in 1945.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6