Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dachau "Mosquito Plan" Article

Article about: Link to a BBC article published online earlier today. "German scientists at Dachau concentration camp researched the possible use of malaria-infected mosquitoes as weapons during World

?

Default Dachau "Mosquito Plan" Article

Link to a BBC article published online earlier today.

"German scientists at Dachau concentration camp researched the possible use of malaria-infected mosquitoes as weapons during World War Two, a researcher has claimed."

BBC News - Nazis 'researched use of mosquitoes for war' at Dachau

More information can be found below, on the Tübingen University site link:

Universität Tübingen - NewsFullview-Landingpage (ENG)

Universität Tübingen - NewsFullview-Landingpage (DE)

it seems strange but true.thanks Carl.

?

Yes Harry, another of those fascinating aspects. The researcher states that the focus was on one particular type of mosquito, that was able to survive for several days without food - in the eyes of the medical researchers at Dachau, it would have been ideal for the task at hand - infection followed by a drop over enemy territory.

Hi Carl , I have heard something along these lines before , just goes to prove that "mis-guided" scientists(fools) will think up all sorts of crack pot schemes. What was their brilliant response going to be when the wind changed and blew their lovely little creatures all over the Reich!! Anyway ,thanks for posting the link Carl , interesting as ever. Leon.

The Japanese had similar ideas that were used against the Chinese during the war. A Japanese chemical and biological experimental research and development unit that was part of the imperial Japanese army known as Unit 731 was responsible for killing between 200,000-580,000 Chinese by aerial spraying or dropping ceramic porcelain bombs from aircraft containing fleas contaminated with bubonic plague that were laboratory bred by Unit 731 along certain Chinese coastal cities and in Hunan province between 1940-41. They also experimented with cholera and anthrax using this and other delivery systems that killed many more thousands.
    Many of the scientists involved in Unit 731 went on to prominent careers in post-war politics, business, medicine and academic pursuits.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Very interesting article!...

It reminds me of Witold Pilecki's Auschwitz resistance organisation's campaign of cultivating typhus carrying lice which the resistance members deposited on the SS guards and their "helpers" inside Auschwitz I camp.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.