Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Dachau Trip

Article about: great pics.thanks for sharing them

Very interesting thread. I am currently writing an essay on the memorization of the Holocaust and these pics have been most useful. It is interesting to see how sanitized and clean everything is considering what went on there. Although this was not always the case. I have just read an account describing a visit there in the 60s, apparently the place was overgrown and almost "back to nature", the buildings were also used by the local homeless community apparently. Anyway, interesting to reconcile this description with more modern photos.

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Very interesting thread. I am currently writing an essay on the memorization of the Holocaust and these pics have been most useful. It is interesting to see how sanitized and clean everything is considering what went on there. Although this was not always the case. I have just read an account describing a visit there in the 60s, apparently the place was overgrown and almost "back to nature", the buildings were also used by the local homeless community apparently. Anyway, interesting to reconcile this description with more modern photos.
    A study of the former camp grounds at Floßenbürg would augment such a work. For many years, the site was regarded by those who study the KZ system as "the forgotten camp" - despite it being the 4th largest within the Reich. The development and changes at that site in particular are rather noteworthy.

Thanks for the information. I will be sure to incorporate information about it within my essay. Cheers.

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I will be sure to incorporate information about it within my essay. Cheers.
    You're welcome, good luck with your essay. If I can assist, let me know.

Regards,

Carl

?

Excellent snaps Ben..Feel like I have been there.Cheers Terry.

?

Today, 29th April 2015, marks the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the camp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Trip   Dachau Trip  

Dachau Trip  

Quote by Larry C View Post
    its good to see the podium is till intact. That must be a chilling feeling to stand in the same spot as Hitler did.
    I have to say, when I visited Nuremburg a few years ago that I was expecting the same thing. But nix...nada...nothing...

?

Another year on...

Today marks the 71st anniversary of the liberation of Dachau. On Sunday, a commemorative service will be held. A few hours ago, a memorial wreath was laid at the site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Trip  

?

Today marks the 72nd anniversary of the liberation of Dachau.

The museum have made several changes related to the fact, detailed below:

Parking in the visitors’ parking lot

Parking is free on April 30, 2017.

Guided tours for individual visitors

All public tours are free of charge on April 30, 2017.

Additionally on offer:
    Guided tour in Italian at 11:30 a.m.
    Guided tour in French at 12:30 p.m.

Documentary film

The documentary film will not be shown until 1:00 p.m. on April 30.

Crematorium area

The area of the crematorium will not open until 11:30 a.m. on April 30, 2017.

Opening hours of the archive

On Saturday, April 29, 2017, the archive is open from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    On Sunday, 30. April 2017, the archive is open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4