Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dachau Trip

Article about: great pics.thanks for sharing them

Default Re: Dachau Trip

great pics.thanks for sharing them

Great pics Ben,,,I like the Zeppelin field but strange to see buildings in the back ground of it,, but its good to see the podium is till intact. That must be a chilling feeling to stand in the same spot as Hitler did. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Accomadation hut, gas chamber and crematorium
    There is some controversy surrounding the Dachau gas chamber as shown to tourists today, elements of which may have be reconstructed post war, and whether it was ever used to murder prisoners of Dachau. Chilling photos regardless.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Whether true or not they said on the tour it was used in the later part of the war, Dachau was not an extermination camp apparently but they had plans to use it as one eventually. If this is true or not I do not know, just going by what we were told there
    Ben

The Post-war Polish guard company (former Holy Cross Mountain Brigade) at Dachau was implicated in helping Skorzeny assist SS prisoners awaiting war trial to escape from the camp.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great pics indeed Ben, I always find these interesting !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

GREAT PICS... thanks to share

?

Today, April 29th 2013 marks the 68th anniversary of the liberation of Konzentrationslager Dachau. A number of sub-camps, including Kaufering-IV Hurlach, were also liberated on the same day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Trip  

?

Link to an article featuring colour images and footage of the camp, taken during the liberation.

WARNING, LINK CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGE!!!

The colour of darkness: Vivid pictures of first Nazi concentration camps give chilling insight into the dawn of the Holocaust | Mail Online

?

69 years ago today, KZ-Dachau was liberated. American forces entered the main camp complex for the first time, ending the longest period for which any of the major concentration camps existed - over 12 years. For many, the liberation came too late - it is estimated a minimum of 30,000 died within the Dachau system, yet for the tens of thousands present when the camp was eventually liberated, an end to their torment had come at last.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Trip   Dachau Trip  

Dachau Trip  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast