Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Dachau Visitor Pass

Article about: Visitors pass to DACHAU concentration camp: this pass is part of a group,(816 engineer aviation battalion veteran), purchased at a yard sale yesterday in Phila.,Pa. Thought you'd like to hav

Hal
    ?

Default Dachau Visitor Pass

Visitors pass to DACHAU concentration camp: this pass is part of a group,(816 engineer aviation battalion veteran), purchased at a yard sale yesterday in Phila.,Pa. Thought you'd like to have a look. Hal PS: purchased from the daughter of the veteran...name of veteran was removed. Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau Visitor Pass  
    A long time ago in a land far,far away....

?

A very interesting item from a dark time. Did you get anything else from the family. Gary

Hal
    ?

Thanks Gary for your reply. There are a few items, from this group, that I have posted on appropriate forums. If I can be of any help, let me know. Best regards, Hal

?

Interesting item related to the major camo near München. I have copied this thread to the Konzentrationslagers forum. Original thread retains its place within the Paper Items forum too, with the original title.

Thanks for posting the thread Hal.

Carl

Carl, what's going on with a "Visitors Pass" in July of 1945? Were they doing official duties at the camp or just having a look?

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Carl, what's going on with a "Visitors Pass" in July of 1945? Were they doing official duties at the camp or just having a look?
    Due to the warranted fear of spreading diseases, entrance to some of the camps post liberation was controlled by the liberating forces. I have seen these visitor passes before, issued for entrance to both Dachau and (if I remember correctly), the Stammlager (main camp) at Mauthausen - two of the major camps liberated by US forces. Unfortunately, I am not able to shed any light on exactly why this individual (or small group, as the pass indicates) wished to enter. It may have been in some form of official capacity.

Carl

MAP
    ?

A nice piece of history there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hal
    ?

Carl, thanks for your reply. This is one of many items taken from this veterans album. Best regards, Hal PS: this unit, (816 engineer aviation battalion), was stationed at Schleissheim, from 21 May 1945 to 1 Sep 1945, near Dachau.

Quote by CARL View Post
    Due to the warranted fear of spreading diseases, entrance to some of the camps post liberation was controlled by the liberating forces. I am not able to shed any light on exactly why this individual (or small group, as the pass indicates) wished to enter. It may have been in some form of official capacity.

Carl
    And for only 2 hours in the evening ...... get in & get out!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A very interesting item Hal, thanks for sharing it. Leon.