Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Groß-Rosen sub-camps - 4 in 1 day

Article about: Earlier this week, following several delays due to the recent unpredictable central European weather, I embarked on a trip to the north of the Czech Republic to visit four former Gross-Rosen

?

Default Re: Groß-Rosen sub-camps - 4 in 1 day

Again thank you for sharing this with us Carl. It is quite interesting you managed ,through dedicated research, to find the camp's location.
    Last edited by porta; 07-22-2013 at 06:13 PM.

?

Default Re: Groß-Rosen sub-camps - 4 in 1 day

Quote by porta View Post
    Again thank you for sharing this with us Carl. It is quite interesting you managed ,through dedicated research, managed to find the camp's location.
    Thank you kindly for your generous words. Despite no reminder nor marker, it was possible to locate the former camp. A little time and assistance from the right quarters made the task easier too - which is always most welcome in this field.

Glad that you found it interesting.

Regards,

Carl

?

The Kratzau Sites

Following further research and the discovery of additional information, I have recently added to and edited some of the existing earlier text.

?

Map showing the Liberec area, with former Gross-Rosen sub-camps addressed in this thread indicated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Groß-Rosen sub-camps - 4 in 1 day  

?

This is another thread that took place while I was training at NAS Pensacola. I could have put a LIKE on every pic but thought I would just give a BIG THANKS to you Carl at the end.
    Fantastic work and pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thank you Phil, appreciate that.

?

GROß-ROSEN PERIOD IMAGE APPEAL

Dear all,

One of my current projects addresses the main camp at Groß-Rosen. The work requires as many period images of the site as possible, for use in a future international publication.

I would be grateful of any assistance with this matter, so if you are the owner of an image such as mentioned above, please contact me via PM.

Regards,

Carl

?

In early May 1945, just two days before Soviet forces arrived at the camp, armed Czech patriots freed several hundred emaciated inmates of KZ-Außenlager Reichenau. Below are a pair of images showing two of the former prisoners taken shortly after their liberation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Groß-Rosen sub-camps - 4 in 1 day  

What a sad image, incredible to think that this was caused by other humans intentionally.

?

A very sad image indeed, showing the reality of what happened.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast