Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Holocaust related movies

Article about: Yes Gunny, it is indeed a very well produced work - and accurate portrayal of the Sonderkommando at Auschwitz-II, Birkenau. I highly recommend the Nyiszli book too, which the film was based

R.i.p.

- - ------- - -

R.I.P.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Now on Netflix in the UK, a film with the Holocaust as its background. The film, released in 2016, is called Denial and is about the libel case that David Irving brought against Deborah Lipstadt in 2000. Timothy Spall plays the part of Irving and Rachel Weisz plays the part of Lipstadt, with Tom Wilkinson as Lipstadt's barrister.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Now on Netflix in the UK, a film with the Holocaust as its background. The film, released in 2016, is called Denial and is about the libel case that David Irving brought against Deborah Lipstadt in 2000. Timothy Spall plays the part of Irving and Rachel Weisz plays the part of Lipstadt, with Tom Wilkinson as Lipstadt's barrister.
    Well worth watching. Thanks for adding it to the thread.

- - ------- - -

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Well worth watching. Thanks for adding it to the thread.

?

One to add to this great thread is 'The Aryan Couple'.
    It is a fictional story based on Himmler's 'The Europa Plan' in which he offered wealthy Jewish families the chance to escape the death camps in exchange for everything they own.
    Wilko

Holocaust related movies

Quote by CARL View Post
    Some sad news today…

Claude Lanzmann, director of the 1985 epic Shoah, had died in Paris aged 92.

R.I.P.

- - ------- - -

Some sad news today…

Claude Lanzmann, director of the 1985 epic Shoah, had died in Paris aged 92.

R.I.P.
    Now that is very sad to hear, i bought his master peice quite some time ago and have watched it several times. So powerful, nothing can beat eye witness accounts, no musical or photographic "dramatisation" so simple but effective. Thank you Mr Lanzmann, rest in peace. Shalom. Leon.

A new film that is due to be in the cinemas in August-September 2018 is Operation Finale which tells the story of the Mossad operation to capture Adolf Eichmann in Argentina.

Official trailer: YouTube

Perhaps more of a documentary series but I will mention it anyway:
    Einsatzgruppen: The Nazi Death Squads

A 4 part series about the Einsatzgruppen in Russia - it's fairly sobering viewing, but important to understand what happened.
    Available on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80134093

Nick

A new addition on Netflix is the 2018 film The Photographer of Mauthausen. It is based on a true story and tells the tale of a group of Spanish prisoners who are sent to the camp in 1941. The story was originally told as a graphic novel/comic.
    The main character, Francisco Boix, is assigned to the photo studio in the camp under the command of SS-Hauptscharfuehrer Paul Ricken. Boix was a Spanish Communist and a press photographer before he fled to France.
    Although he is treated well by Ricken he witnesses the many attrocities in the camp as he acts as Ricken's assistant on photo assignments all the while trying to save the negatives to act as evidence.
    It has a 'made for tv' feel to it in the beginning but it steadily improves - overall 3 out of 5.

I would of preferred the end of the film to show information on the post-war fates of the main people but unfortunately it doesn't so you will have to look that up.

For some of Ricken's photos taken at the camp see this link:

Search Results

?

I'd like to add a movie made by the BBC & HBO sometime ago.

'Conspiracy' is the multi-award winning drama based on the only surviving record of the January 20th 1942 conference at Wannsee. It stars Kenneth Branagh as Reinhard Heydrich & Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann.

Watching 15 Nazi officials calmly discuss the fate of over 6 million people makes for truly chilling viewing.

Wilko

Holocaust related movies Holocaust related movies

Holocaust related movies

Quote by Wilko View Post
    I'd like to add a movie made by the BBC & HBO sometime ago.

'Conspiracy' is the multi-award winning drama based on the only surviving record of the January 20th 1942 conference at Wannsee. It stars Kenneth Branagh as Reinhard Heydrich & Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann.

Watching 15 Nazi officials calmly discuss the fate of over 6 million people makes for truly chilling viewing.

Wilko

Holocaust related movies Holocaust related movies

Holocaust related movies
    I totally agree, a very chilling and fine adaptation of a documented time in the Reich's evolution towards total evil. Leon.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast