MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.

Article about: Only now adding my "thanks" and "respects" to this thread. Most certainly not because I had forgotten this most important day , but I personally like to "reflect and

Only now adding my "thanks" and "respects" to this thread. Most certainly not because I had forgotten this most important day , but I personally like to "reflect and pray" for a while. Adrian , those are great images of your group showing such a fine honouring of all involved in the Holocaust, well done my friend. Always as ever ,thank you Carl for the thread starter , if it were not for pro-active guys like you(and us people who relate the truth to our children/friends/family etc) ,the deniers mentioned earlier may well make headway!!! GOD bless, ,Leon.

?

Nicely put Leon.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was not familiar with this date. So many years have passed. Too many individuals do not understand that not only can such an event happen again but it has in several areas of our world.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 01-29-2016 at 01:50 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the comments.

I should state that Holocaust Memorial Day is not only to remember the Jewish victims (and other groups) in WW2, but also those of the other, post war, genocides.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Today, 27th January 2016, marks the 71st anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. The date is also internationally commemorated as International Holocaust Remembrance Day. The day serves as a reminder to all, take a moment to think of the millions of victims who perished during the genocide of the Nazi era.

שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם‎ shālôm ʻalêḵem Peace be upon you.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

...another year passes...

72 years ago, the largest extermination site in modern history, Auschwitz II-Birkenau, ceased to operate. The liberators found tormented innocents left behind by the SS to rot and die...to fade away along with the horrific crimes they, the SS, had performed at this and countless other sites within the camp system of Nazi Germany. Take time to think of them today...and remember what happened...for if we forget...we fail them and ourselves.

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.   International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.  

?

73 years on...another year passes...

Below are memorial markers at the locations noted as follows:

1) Auschwitz-I Stammlager (Main Camp) - the Death Wall, located between Blocks X (Medical Experimentation) and XI (Prison Block)

2) Auschwitz-II Birkenau - marker laid at the International Memorial area, located at the former crematoria sector of the extermination centre

3) Auschwitz-III Monowitz - located at the site of the former stores barrack

Details of a new travelling exhibition, "Not Long Ago, Not Far Away - Auschwitz" are featured in the thread linked below:

Not Long Ago, Not Far Away
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.   International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.  

?

The official museum website has just been updated. Details of the commemorative events held yesterday, are featured in the link below:

News / Museum / Auschwitz-Birkenau

?

75 years ago, the Auschwitz camps were liberated by Soviet forces. The greatest site of mass murder probably ever known to man, finally ceased to operate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast