Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Jasenovac Concentration Camp

Article about: Thankyou Carl for putting this together.

Default Re: Jasenovac Concentration Camp

Here is a very rare Croatian Military Unit Flag that I had awhile back. I received it straight from the Croatian family from a trunk in their attic where it had been since 1945. I would have dearly loved to have kept it, but it was so Beastly huge, that I simply had no place to display it! It is and was the only Ustasha flag that I had ever come across over all the years. The last I heard of it, it was destined for a museum in Zagreb.

Jasenovac Concentration CampJasenovac Concentration Camp
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    He is considered a great hero today in Croatia where many streets are named after him and he is the subject of a great many monuments...(Ante Pavelić)
    Not to sure about this.

?

Thank you for your contributions gents, especially interesting to see the unusual related pieces. A quick word though, let us not forget that this thread is a historical study of the former sites and the horrific events related to them - please do not let any political argument develop, in any context.

Regards,

Carl

The level of cruelty and inhumanity found at the Sadean nightmare that was Jasenovac is truly beyond comprehension.

I know that it is moot and meaningless to compare places of mass murder - After all, how can one say that one kind of hell on earth is "better" or "worse" than another?- but still, if the mind boggles when trying to comprehend the de-personalized, industrialized mass murder of the Nazi death camps, it all but shuts down when thinking of the depraved, raging savagery seen there.

Hello,

I think i should put those badges here, Obrana badge was worn by Concentration Camp guards.

Jasenovac Concentration Camp

?

Great stuff Jezocoh, thanks. Heres the display I made today with my Ustasha items. The photo shows two Ustasha guards standing around five inmates at Jasenovac KZ.
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jasenovac Concentration Camp   Jasenovac Concentration Camp  

Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks William! You added some great info here as well. That flag is epic! Too bad you didn't keep it, but at least it's going to a museum . I have a huge German battle flag I can't display due to its size, so I fold it up and put it in a sealed bag.
    Dean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3