Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Jastrebarsko - concentration camp for children

Article about: Approximately 30km southwest of Zagreb, alongside the Karlovac-Zagreb highway, lies the town of Jastrebarsko - site of one of the former Ustaša concentration camps specifically for children.

?

Default Re: Jastrebarsko - concentration camp for children

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    These Photo are from Jasenovac, not Jastrebarsko.

Regards
    Vedran
    Vedran, please read the image credits at the end of the first post - the images are from the Jasenovac memorial site, but they were taken at various locales, including Jastrebarsko.

Regards,

Carl

Carl, all photos are from Jasenovac, 100%.
    They were taken during a Red Cross visit to this camp.
    Most of the these children came from Kozara (Bosnia)

Regards
    Vedran

?

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Carl, all photos are from Jasenovac, 100%.
    They were taken during a Red Cross visit to this camp.

Regards
    Vedran
    Vedran, if you are correct, then the museum staff at Jasenovac must be contacted as they identified the images as the places named earlier in the thread. Perhaps you would wish to do so, and update us accordingly. Should the images prove incorrectly labelled, then I am sure the museum would be glad to hear.

Regards,

Carl

Carl

Unfortunately in Croatia, even today, camp documents the camps represent a tool for political calculations.
    If you say something wrong in Croatia, you become Ustasha Nazi or Bolshevik, so i stay away from politics.
    As a joke, we say that WW2 in Croatia is not over. Sad.

Regards
    Vedran

?

If no alterations are made to the museum memorial site's identification, then I personally consider this matter closed. Politics can be debated elsewhere, certainly not here - you do well to stay out of it Vedrun

Regards,

Carl

The Potulice concentration camp (UWZ Lager Lebrechtsdorf– Potulitz) was in part a detention centre for Polish children that underwent forced Germanisation by the Nazis.

There was also the camp specifically for Polish children Polenjugendverwahrlager der Sicherheitspolizei in Litzmannstadt on Przemystowa Street (Gewerbestrasse). Link: Lodz Ghetto, Litzmannstadt Ghetto

Jastrebarsko -  concentration camp for children
    Above: Lagerkommandant SS-Stumbannfuerher Karl Ehrlich

Jastrebarsko -  concentration camp for children

The Polenjugendverwahrlager was run from 1941 to 1945. The "prisoners" were Polish children of deported Poles from throughout occupied Poland. Those among them found to be “racially valuable” were sent from the camp to the Reich for adoption and Germanisation. Between 12,000 and 13,000 children passed through the camp, the youngest ones were merely a few months old while most of them were aged between 8 and 14 years.
    Last edited by StefanM; 07-08-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Thank you once again for sharing this with us. Horrors like these should never be forgotten. Human cruelty knows no boundries it seems.

Like you mention "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it"

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Carl, I am at a loss for words. As you know, I have a young daughter and threads on a subject like this have a great deal of impact on me. I have to bite my tongue also, If i said what I was feeling I'd be banned in a heartbeat. And all this talk of God, sorry boys, this sort of thing just confirms my belief that their is no such being.
    Couldn't agree with you more my friend.
    I always ask my friend who is very religious (as I once was) "What would you think of me as a man if you knew I had the power to stop this horror but just stood by and watched".
    His answer..."you would not be a man, you would be no better than an animal".My next question to him was...then why do you give god a pass, and make every excuse you can think of for him? I'm so glad I'm free now.

More period photos of ustasha atrocities on children.There where the only species (i do not dare use word "human" for ustasha) who run concentration camps for children ever in history!Even waffenn SS where horrified by ustasha behavior and saved some Serbian people from certain death!Germans even temporary closed the Jasenovac camp!Unfortunately for a very short time...Jastrebarsko -  concentration camp for children

Default Warning-not for the faint hearted!

Dead children killed by the ustasha "doctor"!Jastrebarsko -  concentration camp for children

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast