MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Jewish Star armband and Dutch star

Article about: These came in a recent collection. I can't imagine what use the armband would be and it appears artificially aged. But the star sewn to the section of wool looks period. I've never owned, or

Default Jewish Star armband and Dutch star

These came in a recent collection. I can't imagine what use the armband would be and it appears artificially aged. But the star sewn to the section of wool looks period. I've never owned, or expected to own an authentic star so I ask your opinions. Thank you in advance.Jewish Star armband and Dutch starJewish Star armband and Dutch starJewish Star armband and Dutch starJewish Star armband and Dutch starJewish Star armband and Dutch star

The armband is not convincing at all and is a modern reproduction/fake. The patch on the wool does look a little more convincing and if real it was probably cut from a wool coat but if one is fake I am always Cautiously optimistic.

Both may be movie props .
    Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 09-16-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi, they are both sadly not original in my opinion, i have never seen any archive photographs or original items marked to any individual camp and the materials simply do not look right either. Leon.

There is a great book about all the fake items. Counterfeiting the Holocaust. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Neither is original.

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    There is a great book about all the fake items. Counterfeiting the Holocaust. BILL
    Bill i forgot that I have that book. Wow how you forget things as you get older.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks all, assumed as much on the armband but the other is pretty convincing, glad to know for sure!
    Does anyone have a pic of one of the Dutch stars to post for comparison?
    And I will find that book!!

....Anyone who sells fakes is a thief and no better than someone who robs your home or steals your wallet. But that said, I find it particularly offensive that Holocaust material is faked. Some things should be sacred even to the lowest of the crooks.

Unfortunately, where money is concerned... nothing is sacred.

Quote by Wartime Collectables View Post
    Thanks all, assumed as much on the armband but the other is pretty convincing, glad to know for sure!
    Does anyone have a pic of one of the Dutch stars to post for comparison?
    And I will find that book!!

....Anyone who sells fakes is a thief and no better than someone who robs your home or steals your wallet. But that said, I find it particularly offensive that Holocaust material is faked. Some things should be sacred even to the lowest of the crooks.
    I reckon most Holocaust related material is faked, you find it all over Polish flea markets.

I've even seen it on Northwich market of all places!