Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

KL-Herzogenbusch

Article about: Thank you for sharing this with us Carl, an interesting thread indeed. I still have to visit the camp.

?

Thank you for sharing this with us Carl, an interesting thread indeed. I still have to visit the camp.

Some pictures from my collection, prisoners collaborationist Dutch in 1945 vught

KL-Herzogenbusch

KL-Herzogenbusch

backside description of this.

KL-Herzogenbusch

?

Nick, Doug, Harry, Leon and porta, many thanks for your replies and comments gents, I appreciate it. Thanks too for Jan's contribution sharing the images above.

?

Tonight, i.e. the 15th-16th January 2014, marks the 70th anniversary of the infamous "Bunker Tragedy", addressed earlier in post 12.

Some of my family (great uncle's) were locked up in Camp Vught after the war. My Dutch grandfather never came back to Holland after the war, but stayed in Germany and Austria (where he died some years ago). They gave him the German nationality, and my grand mother was forced to divorce my grand father in Holland in 1944. One of my great uncle's stayed in detention for years, while he had not commited any crime, nor was he a member of the NSB. It was like that after the war he told me, any suspicion, or having family members in the WSS or NSB was good enough to be also locked up. It left him a bitter man for the rest of his life to be locked up for years for no crime. He died in 1990.

?

Interesting Carl and Feuerbach and thank you for sharing.

?

Recently, the 75th anniversary of the liberation of this, the only major Konzentrationslager on occupied Dutch soil, took place. As the Allied forces advanced, the camp authorities made plans to evacuate the site and transported several thousand male prisoners to Sachsenhausen, whilst hundreds of female inmates were sent to f.KL-Ravensbrück (Frauen-Konzentrationslager Ravensbrück / Women's Concentration Camp Ravensbrück). Once the vast majority of prisoners had left the site, the remaining inmates were either released or sent North to Amersfoort, the police Durchgangslager (Transit Camp) near Utrecht. The facility was then under the administration of the Wehrmacht, who used the site to hold POWs for a short time until the camp was handed over to the Red Cross in late October 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL-Herzogenbusch   KL-Herzogenbusch  

KL-Herzogenbusch  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3