MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

KL-Mittelbau-Dora

Article about: Initially a sub-camp of KL-Buchenwald, the site of Mittelbau-Dora gradually became an independent Konzentrationslager, eventually with its own compliment of approximately 40 sub-camps, follo

?

Default Re: KL-Mittelbau-Dora

The sewage plant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL-Mittelbau-Dora  

?

SCHMALSPURBAHN (Narrow-gauge railway track):

Although this truck is presently located at the entrance to the former SS-Lager, the narrow-gauge railway tracks run throughout the whole Mittelbau-Dora complex, an area approximately 1.5km wide.

Carl, Thank you so much for this very informative thread.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Every thread is a history lesson Carl
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Below are two links to recent threads concerning a couple of the sub-camps of KL-Mittelbau-Dora, namely Aussenlagers Boelcke-Kaserne and Ellrich-Juliushütte:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after-...h-camp-281432/

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after-...huette-282232/

?

Today, April 9th 2013, marks the 68th anniversary of the liberation of the camp.

?

Rail car on display near the entrance to the site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL-Mittelbau-Dora   KL-Mittelbau-Dora  

?

Also near the entrance, the memorial to those who died on the Todesmarsch (Death March).

?

Map indicating the location of the Stammlager (main camp), KZ-Mittelbau-Dora, and also several of the Außenlagers (sub-camps) from the Dora KZ system, including Außenlager-Ellrich-Juliushütte and Außenlager-Boelcke-Kaserne, noted earlier in the thread.

?

Earlier in the thread, the Prämienschein (premium coupons) issued at the camp were mentioned. Below are several such examples from Mittelbau-Dora.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL-Mittelbau-Dora   KL-Mittelbau-Dora  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast