Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KL Warschau

Article about: I've no idea as to the 3 month overlap for 1943. I don't really have much information on the Regiments movements except that they were in Kielce before heading to Warsaw. Maybe that was wher

Default Re: KL Warschau

KL Warschau

KL Warschau

KL Warschau

Two photos of the crematorium facility at KL Warschau courtesy IPN Warsaw:
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks for doing this thread. I too had not heard of this camp.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Exclamation Re: KL Warschau

Sometimes we forget what the Black uniform SS runes meant to so many people of Europe during WWII. It is also necessary to remember that in many cases the polish people were as rabidly anti-Semitic as the SS. Of 300+ people that escaped from Sobibor only q handful survived the war... the majority of them were either turn over to the SS or killed by the Poles themselves.

Quote by hassiman View Post
    Sometimes we forget what the Black uniform SS runes meant to so many people of Europe during WWII. It is also necessary to remember that in many cases the polish people were as rabidly anti-Semitic as the SS. Of 300+ people that escaped from Sobibor only q handful survived the war... the majority of them were either turn over to the SS or killed by the Poles themselves.
    This is not the right forum to get into a discussion about alleged anti-Semitism in Poland or elsewhere other than to say the difference between Polish anti-semitism and that of the Nazi Germans is that any Polish anti-semitism was driven by religious xenophobia and during the interbellum by economic competition and was definitely not exterminationist unlike that of the Nazis! It should also be remembered that most of the Baltic states, the Balkans, the Low Countries, Norway etc had men who wore "black uniform SS runes" unlike Poland.

Even acknowledged anti-Jewish Poles such as Zofia Kossak-Szczucka wrote "Protest" in 1942 about the extermination of the Jews;

"England is silent, so is America, even the influential international Jewry, so sensitive in its reaction to any transgression against its people, is silent. Poland is silent... Dying Jews are surrounded only by a host of Pilates washing their hands in innocence." Those who are silent in the face of murder, she wrote, become accomplices to the crime.

Zofia Kossak-Szczucka was co-founder Council to Aid Jews (Rada Pomocy Żydom), codename Zegota, an underground organisation whose purpose was to save Jews in Poland from Nazi extermination.

In 1985 Zofia Kossak-Szczucka was posthumously awarded Righteous Among the Nations; Poles make up the largest group amongst those awarded Righteous Among the Nations.

?

The international community was complicent in the crimes through their silence. Anti Semites were found and anti semitism stirred up by the SS, in allied and occupied countries, it was part of their strategy of dehumanization and local cooperation. The Poles cannot be singled out.

I have a Dienstpass to a member of III/SS-Pol.Rgt 23 which I believe was used to guard the camp and was one of those killed on the opening day of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising while possibly guarding a small group of prisoners outside the camp walls.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I have a Dienstpass to a member of III/SS-Pol.Rgt 23 which I believe was used to guard the camp and was one of those killed on the opening day of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising while possibly guarding a small group of prisoners outside the camp walls.

• Nachname: Tripp
    • Vorname: Albert
    • Dienstgrad: Polizei-Oberwachtmeister
    • Geburtsdatum: 24.02.1916
    • Geburtsort: Neuburg
    • Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 01.08.1944
    • Todes-/Vermisstenort: Warschau

How about posting a scan on the thread

That's the fellow. I'll post a scan or two when I get home from work.

Here are just a few scans of Tripp's Dienstpass. As can be seen he was brought in towards the end of the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and basically remained in Warsaw, being used to guard the camp before being killed on 1st August 1944.
    KL Warschau KL Warschau
    KL Warschau

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Here are just a few scans of Tripp's Dienstpass. As can be seen he was brought in towards the end of the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and basically remained in Warsaw, being used to guard the camp before being killed on 1st August 1944.

KL Warschau
    Thanks for posting, rare to see documentation of participation in the quelling of the Ghetto uprising in Warsaw.

I don't quite understand the chronology in the left margin?

It is marked that he was in Kielce between 14.12.42 to 30.8.43 and in Warsaw 1.5.43 to 31.8.43 what does the three month overlap in dates between May and August mean? Was he moving back and forth between Kielce and Warsaw?

Also what is the meaning of the date entry 1.9.44 if he was killed on 1.8.44?

Would also be interested to see a translation of the 42 to 44 entries after the dates

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast