Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

KL Warschau

Article about: I've no idea as to the 3 month overlap for 1943. I don't really have much information on the Regiments movements except that they were in Kielce before heading to Warsaw. Maybe that was wher

Default Re: KL Warschau

I've no idea as to the 3 month overlap for 1943. I don't really have much information on the Regiments movements except that they were in Kielce before heading to Warsaw. Maybe that was where the majority of the unit remained when it received orders to move to Warsaw while members of III Btl were ordered to move.

As for the late date confusion, it isn't easy to see from that image but someone messed up with their Admin and put the wrong date and the clerk who entered the last piece of information altered it so it was correct (close up seen here) so that instead of reading 1.9.1944 it was changed to the correct date of 1.9.1943-1.8.1944 so the entries run in sequence.

I have also attached another snippet from the Dienstpass dated for February 1944 that also shows that he was in the Warsaw region in February 1944 with a visit to a Dr in the 'Warschau District'.

KL Warschau KL Warschau

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I've no idea as to the 3 month overlap for 1943. I don't really have much information on the Regiments movements except that they were in Kielce before heading to Warsaw. Maybe that was where the majority of the unit remained when it received orders to move to Warsaw while members of III Btl were ordered to move.

As for the late date confusion, it isn't easy to see from that image but someone messed up with their Admin and put the wrong date and the clerk who entered the last piece of information altered it so it was correct (close up seen here) so that instead of reading 1.9.1944 it was changed to the correct date of 1.9.1943-1.8.1944 so the entries run in sequence.

I have also attached another snippet from the Dienstpass dated for February 1944 that also shows that he was in the Warsaw region in February 1944 with a visit to a Dr in the 'Warschau District'.
    As I mentioned in previous post a very rarely seen document...many thanks for sharing it here

I also found the translation I was interested in seeing from your post on another forum

Albert Tripp was born in February 1916 in Neuberg. His dienstpass was issued in Bochum in April 1941.

He served at Bochum from Nov 1940 - Dec 1942, and at Kielce from Dec 1942 to April 1943 before being assigned to SS-Pol.Rgt 23 on May 1st 1943, employed as a driver.

As can be seen from his active assignments list he was present at the tail end of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising with the entry Termination Battles Of The Ghetto - Major Action In Warsaw, and again an entry indicating his presence at the second Uprising with the entry District Of Warsaw To fight Partisans, Protection Of Objects And The Execution Of Special Tasks. Unfortunately the dienstpass does not say what these 'special tasks' were or what his fate was after 1st August 1944, but two months after the 'Ghetto Aktion' he received a promotion.

Albert Tripp was awarded the Hitler Youth Honour Badge, Austrian Anschluss Medal & the 8 Year Police Service Medal. Prior to serving with the polizei, Albert Tripp was a member of Artillery Rgt 6, joining the Ordungspolizei in 1937.

SS-Pol.Rgt 23 has a couple of brief mentions in The Stroop Report, notably a casualty & also an instruction from Jurgen Stroop on 16th May 1943.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I think, but can't remember exactly, but at the time I posted that on another forum I wasn't actually aware that he had been killed, so it was a nice bonus to find out that he had and the circumstances.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3