Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

KZ Außenlager Genthin-Wald

Article about: Forced labourer camp of the Henkel-Persil-Werke Genthin and Düsseldorf. The shareholders of the Henkel-Persil-Werke, Genthin branch, established a forced labour camp during the early months

Thanks for starting this interesting thread Stefan!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Thanks for starting this interesting thread Stefan!....
    I still find it hard to get my head around the fact my grandmother would have been at the boot or club end of these very people during her time at this camp.

Only three small photos of my grandmother survive to confirm her existence, two of these are with my grandfather, all prewar or during the occupation of Warsaw but prior to April 1941.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

[QUOTE=StefanM;1106875]Thank you for the additional information Carl.

Did Steffen or Wahl ever stand trial? QUOTE]

No trouble at all Stefan. I will look through my notes when time permits, not certain whether I uncovered any further information regarding those named above though.

?

I've just checked my files Stefan. Unfortunately, not much more to add at this stage. There may well be some confusion regarding the SS officer Steffen though, as a high ranking SS officer named Georg Steffen is listed as serving at Ravensbrück during the period 1944-45. It is possible that he was the Kommandoführer referred to earlier, as the Kommandoführer named Steffen was not at Genthin later than January 1945, leaving the opportunity for a return to Ravensbrück. I am not able to find any information regarding the prosecution of either Otto Wahl or Georg Steffen - should he even be the individual in question. It is quite possible that of the staff from Aussenlager Genthin, only the aformentioned Hermine Braunsteiner was ever brought to trial.

Many thanks for your insight Carl!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2