Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images

Article about: by Collector121096 When i visited dachau i couldn't get over the trees running down the middle of the camp, in such a dark gruesome place i couldn't figure out why they would have such green

?

Default KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images

Below is a link to an article from earlier this year, featuring colour footage and images taken at the liberation of Dachau.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE WITHIN LINK!!!

The colour of darkness: Vivid pictures of first Nazi concentration camps give chilling insight into the dawn of the Holocaust | Mail Online

The looks on the faces of these people is very sad, they just look exhausted. What a terrible nightmare they've been through.

Hi Carl , those are amazing images to surface after so long. I thought the image of that beautiful canal running adjacent to the fence highlighted the cruel "mind games" the Nazi's would play. A very sad and painful set of images , but an important find. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Carl , those are amazing images to surface after so long. I thought the image of that beautiful canal running adjacent to the fence highlighted the cruel "mind games" the Nazi's would play. A very sad and painful set of images , but an important find. Leon.
    Hi Leon,

Thanks for your comments. The SS actually used water as an additional security measure at a number of camps and detention centres. In Belgium, Breendonk's moat was one such place - see image below, as was the canal system at KL-Herzogenbusch at Vught, Netherlands. Both are shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images   KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images  

KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images   KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images  

?

One can only imagine the terror the people suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

?

Thanks for sharing!

?

wow. The color fotos make the viewing experience even more sad. The various markings stitched to the camp uniforms/etc are interesting though, along with the Yugo flag in that one pic.....

?

Thank you for sharing, interesting yet disturbing.

?

Thank you for your comments gents.

Yes Bill, the clarity of the images certainly allows for closer inspection of the various insignia and material.

When i visited dachau i couldn't get over the trees running down the middle of the camp, in such a dark gruesome place i couldn't figure out why they would have such green luscious trees, i know it sounds trivial if anything but when i learnt it was prisoners who planted them i saw it as ironic that a symbol of life ran down the centre of a camp that had so many connections to death. A bit random on this thread but i just saw the trees in the background.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast