Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

KZ Watchtowers

Article about: KL-Herzogenbusch: The modern museum complex located at Vught, near 's-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands has a reconstructed section of the camp, complete with several watchtowers. The vast ar

?

KL-Herzogenbusch:

The modern museum complex located at Vught, near 's-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands has a reconstructed section of the camp, complete with several watchtowers. The vast area of the camp - it measured approximately 1km x 500m, also had a canal system installed between the Häftlingsbaracken and fencing/watchtowers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Watchtowers   KZ Watchtowers  

KZ Watchtowers   KZ Watchtowers  

?

KL-Herzogenbusch

Further image showing a reconstructed Wachturm at Herzogenbusch. Note the scale model of the camp in the foreground.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Watchtowers  

?

Interesting Carl, thank you for sharing. Perhaps I should visit the KL some time it is only a few hours from whereI live.

?

Quote by porta View Post
    Interesting Carl, thank you for sharing. Perhaps I should visit the KL some time it is only a few hours from whereI live.
    Thank you, glad that the thread is of interest. The museum is nicely presented and well worth a visit.

?

KL-Mauthausen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Watchtowers   KZ Watchtowers  

?

Also at Mauthausen, the circular watchtower sometimes referred to as the "roundhouse", which stands over the entrance to the SS-Garagenhof.

1. Exterior view taken approaching the entrance.

2. View from the Garagenhof.

3. Internal view of the watchtower.

KZ Watchtowers  

?

KZ-Sachsenhausen

Images from Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg

KZ Watchtowers   KZ Watchtowers  

?

At Ravensbrück, Fürstenberg/Havel, the watchtower on the southeastern wall of the Männerlager (men's camp)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Watchtowers  

?

KL-Lublin

Images of some of the wooden watchtower structures from the camp at Lublin, also known as Majdanek.

?

I'm really glad these are popping back up to the top!!!! I misssed them the first time around.
    I appreciate your work and the Fantastic photo's Carl!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast