Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My Trip To Auschwitz-I, Birkenau, and KL-Plaszow

Article about: These sites should be kept open for all peoples of all nations to come and experience the feelings of oppression,sufferings and the daunting prospect that the inmates had to endure, the imag

?

Default Re: My Trip To Auschwitz 1, Berkenau, and plaszow

These sites should be kept open for all peoples of all nations to come and experience the feelings of oppression,sufferings and the daunting prospect that the inmates had to endure, the images of personal belongings are powerful and a true reminder of the horrors of a regime that treated humans so cruelly, ive only been to Belsen and yet ive seen the photos of the other camps and its strange that having stood in the camp grounds , devoid of buildings, the eerie feelings i had looking at only the mass graves was one that will never leave me, the fact that no animals like to come near the place, no birds can be seen or heard, no traffic can be heard and yet there is a main autobahn not far away, but on certain days artillery can be heard on the ranges, you can imagine what the inmates felt hearing the sound of possible rescue yet not knowing if they would survive till that time, very sombre and emotional feelings experienced by all whom visit to pay their respects

?

Thanks for taking the time post the photos Gouldy.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

'Anus Mundi' as the Germans sometimes called it! 'Asshole of the World', I think__or is there a better translation?

Large parts of the camp was rebuilt after the war as they presumed it might of looked like. As we all know the Germans blew up many buildings, and they never found a building standing that could be used for mass gassing. The Americains also rebuilt large parts of Dachau, complete with a brandnew gaschamber. Strange how visitors can feel the spirits in these after war buildings that are not even built on the same spot of the original structures.

?

i know, when people say "no birds fly there" , thats because there are no trees and theres nothing for them to eat etc, so why would they go there lol

?

Your right there are no trees in the camp , the whole place is surrounded by them

?

but not close enough for the visitors to see, i think people "feel" stuff because they expect too, it is a very sad place , although i am glad i went to experience it, its a good reminder of what humans are capable of

?

Are you sure its Belsen you visited, there are nothing but trees all around the exterior, no open spaces from what i remember unless its changed drastically since the 70s, even the main entrance had trees lining the road from the autobahn

?

where did i say i visited Belsen??? although thats where i would like to go sometime in the future...

?

Well read my post, i was talking about Belsen and you replied re no birds or animals etc, which leads to people believing you had been there, it seems you were talking at cross purposes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast