Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help! camp badges/triangles green and red

Article about: I have this 2 camp triangles? Opinions please.

sbg
    ?

Default Need help! camp badges/triangles green and red

I have this 2 camp triangles? Opinions please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help!  camp badges/triangles green and red   Need help!  camp badges/triangles green and red  

Moved to the Konzentrationskampslager sub forum. Very crudely made items in which I would not put any trust. The only sharp detail on these are the adler stamp on the reverse.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I don't know what those tags are, but I am certain they have nothing to do with concentration camp prisoner markings.

sbg
    ?

They are small +- 32mm×63mm.
    I wonder of someone knows what they are, ore total fantasy?

?

Within the Konzentrationslagers system, various forms of insignia was produced and utilised - some, such as the FALs (Frauen-Arbeitslagers - womens labour camps) located at Kratzau (Chrastava in occupied Czechoslovakia, now northern Czech Republic) even used small metallic forms...but not these, which look artificially aged and modern. The camps at Kratzau, although located on Czech territory, were Außenlagers of KZ-Groß-Rosen, one of the major camps established in occupied Poland.

An example of the type used at Kratzau can be found within the USHMM online collections section if memory serves me rightly...

Below is a link to a thread which partly addresses the camps at Kratzau, which I posted following a study trip undertaken several years ago:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/konzen...-1-day-319610/

?

An example of the aforementioned Kratzau insignia, used to designate a female labourer at f.AL-Kratzau I/II (Außenlager-Kratzau), sub-camp of KZ-Groß-Rosen.

Carl

(image credit: collections, USHMM)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help!  camp badges/triangles green and red  

sbg
    ?

Thanks for the reactions, I think also that they are to crudley made to be originals.or where they maybe handcrafted in camps? ( are there samples from?)
    I found one the net that a green triangle is for criminal prisoner and red for political prisoner.

regards ,

Seb

Hi, absolutely no chance of these being original in my eyes, fabricated wear patterns and "over stampings" designed to look haphazard, not a Reich trait.. Leon.

Fantasy Junk
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast