Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Not Long Ago, Not Far Away

Article about: NOT LONG AGO, NOT FAR AWAY - AUSCHWITZ, A TRAVELLING EXHIBITION Today, 27th January 2018, marks the 73rd anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz camps. The date is marked as Internati

Thanks. I hate to add to the sense of gloom, but I can recall other times in my life more filled with hope and good fortune.
    For those, say, in India and China, of course, their lives are likely prosperous and secure, but, to my palsied mind, the West is in sharp decline
    and is working up to repeat its worst mistakes of the past four hundred years.Not Long Ago, Not Far Away

?

The future certainly is clouded, to say the least.

Quote by CARL View Post
    The future certainly is clouded, to say the least.
    On the other hand, we can all write to each other and profit so nicely from Carl's exemplary engagement with war and memory.
    He and I were even able to meet in Praha in the fall of '16. I aspire to do so again in '18. And, if fortune takes me there,
    perhaps on a regular basis. I have made a lot of friends far from my own home via this appliance, and Carl has made this
    fact possible. I can recall amateur radio operators signaling to each other across the ether in the dead of night, replete with
    huge aerials at the dawn of the space age, and, the excitement to receive a letter from Europe, say, in the year 1964, a thing that was an accomplishment.
    We who believe in civilization and who are unswayed by the siren song of blood and soil have our work cut out for us. Not Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far Away

?

The link below features an update addressing the commemorative events held at the museum site yesterday:

News / Museum / Auschwitz-Birkenau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2