Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oskar Schindler tour

Article about: Thanks guys!.....

Default Re: Oskar Schindler tour

Thanks guys!.....

great pics.thank you

It took the executioner three times to properly hang Goth. The gallows was a slightly elevated platform. The first two times the trap was sprung, Goth landed feet first on the ground as they had used to long a rope. The botched hanging can be viewed on Youtube.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A fitting end for a monster,
    I hope he felt the fear of death each time the door opened.And even that was not enough.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    There may be a distant family connection, my son in law is a elevator engineer and says the firm is Swiss. Oskar Schindler was from Moravia, now a part of the Czech republic i think!...
    Some fine images Gunny, thank you for posting them. The added bonus of entering the property must have made your visit all the more worthwhile. One note to add, Schindler was born in Zwittau, or Svítavy, as it is now known. Back then, it was actually part of Austria-Hungary. Nowadays, the location is within the Moravian region of the Czech Republic.

Regards,

Carl

Oskar Schindler tour
    One i forgot, this house used to be the SS barracks just outside the camp main gate.

?

The house above was the one used in the Schindler movie, as it was nicer than the actual Amon Göth (AG) house.

Some say, that contrary to popular belief (and the movie), AG did NOT shoot KZ prisoners from the balcony of his house, as there was a small hill between the house and the camp (but that might be revisionist 'carp') .

AG at his house with rifle. Notice patio doors and compare to next picture.

Amon Göths daughter, Monika Hertwig, in front of house

The photo of his daughter (above) is a promo still from the documentary Inheritance. Well worth watching.

?

That is correct.

Quote by Scout View Post
    The house above was the one used in the Schindler movie, as it was nicer than the actual Amon Göth (AG) house.

Some say, that contrary to popular belief (and the movie), AG did NOT shoot KZ prisoners from the balcony of his house, as there was a small hill between the house and the camp (but that might be revisionist 'carp') .

AG at his house with rifle. Notice patio doors and compare to next picture.

Amon Göths daughter, Monika Hertwig, in front of house
    OK i think there is some confusion here, the house i visited on the tour is the actual place where Göth lived on Jerozolimska Street while commanding the camp, the house used for the filming of Schindlers list is on the same street about 100metres away. Even though i was not allowed on the balcony most of the area of the camp was visible fron the end of the garden, a few overgrown trees partially blocked the veiw, but they would have been much smaller 70 years ago. I'm not argueing if Göth did or didn't shoot at inmates from the balcony, but he certainly could have done. The house below is the one used for filming.Oskar Schindler tour

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast