Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Plaszow Concentration Camp

Article about: KZ-PLASZOW Located in the southeastern part of Krakow, now the Podgorze district, the former ZALfJ (forced labour camp for Jews) later became a Konzentrationslager that would eventually hold

?

Excellent thread Carl, I hope to visit the site next year. The movie Inheritance is an excellent movie as well, I have watched it many times.

Default Plaszow buiding

Hi Carl, Been to Plaszow several times and this building always intrigues me, tho more overgrown nowdays and difficult to photograph when compared with the Plaszow camp diagram it is in the area of buildings 202/203 which is listed as 'railway station'. As you know the ground it sits on is concreted so try as I may I cannot find any remnants of track, although there is a rail fence post very near by! I am unable to trace any remaining pictures of this 'station' building anywhere, so the search goes on.
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plaszow Concentration Camp   Plaszow Concentration Camp  

Default Plaszow building

?

Thanks for contributing toward the thread and welcome to the forum Paul.

Regarding the structure you have shown (which was also shown earlier, in post 7 on the first page of this thread) in the attachments posted above, yes, I too am aware of this structure and its exact location - just outside the former camp gate / main entrance.

Regards,

Carl

Default Plaszow Building

Thanks Carl, so looking at the camp diagram outside the main gate it does look like it could be building 202 or 203? As you know its right off the adjacent road (Jerozolimska) Plaszow Concentration Camp

regards

Paul

Very moving, thankyou for sharing this. I remember watching a documentary called Shoah ( about 15 -20 years ago), a 12 hour documentary, which I watched over a few nights, very moving, hard to imagine people were capable of such evils to innocent, defenceless people.

?

Yes Paul, when I first studied the site (I've been three times, most recently during our spring KZ tour - see thread below), I noted the location and believe that the structure stands on the former site of buildings 202/203 - likely the longer structure (202), with the smaller structure (203) being knocked down - it likely once stood on what is now the concrete foreyard to the longer building pictured in this thread.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/konzen...2015-a-430246/

Carl

In the process of renovation pictured last week
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plaszow Concentration Camp  

?

Yes, the former Kommandant villa was sold earlier this year - see thread below:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/konzen...-there-555165/

Thanks again Paul.

Regards,

Carl

Read that thread, work was certainly being undertaken there last week but the builder wouldn't discuss anything, however I noticed that after a long email battle with krakow city museum we now have a new information board erected at the grey house entrance to the site, all in Polish but its a start!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast