Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pope to visit Auschwitz during trip to Poland in July

Article about: Pope to visit Auschwitz during trip to Poland in July | Reuters

JMM
    ?

Default Pope to visit Auschwitz during trip to Poland in July

Good to hear, and when I say this, it is not a criticism of Pope Francis ,but I guess it must be "politically" easier for a South American Pope to make this trip, as opposed to a European Pope. One or two of them have been in slightly "muddy waters" in their past during the Reich period from what I have seen. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Good to hear, and when I say this, it is not a criticism of Pope Francis ,but I guess it must be "politically" easier for a South American Pope to make this trip, as opposed to a European Pope. One or two of them have been in slightly "muddy waters" in their past during the Reich period from what I have seen. Leon.
    Pius XII...Is there someone more?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Pius XII...Is there someone more?
    Not a serving Pope of course. I remember that Pope Benedict XVI was in the Hitler Youth, but that was not really my point. All I was referring to was that it must be easier for a Non European Pope to visit a site such as this, just as it is easier for the President of France to visit Hiroshima as opposed to Barak Obama. There was or is no "slight" intended on anyone in any respect, whether it be race or faith, Leon.

The Pope would have visit Auschwitz during wartime...many Catholics helped the Nazis to become popular, like the Zentrumspartei, which gave Hitler the essential votes for the Enabling Act of 1933. And also after war Catholics helped Nazis to leave Europe on the "Ratlines" and made a new start in South America possible.